Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Internet in Batu Ferringhi, Penang

• hsoa

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2010

The place where I'll be staying in Batu Ferringhi, Penang , offers no access to the internet.
    For work I need to use Skype a few times a week for 2 hours each time.

I am looking for an internet cafe or a location that offers WiFi and is reasonably quiet in the afternoon and early evening. I can use either a public PC or my own laptop. The connection speed needs to be enough to support Skype audio. (I don't necessarily need to use the video function.) It is no problem if the cost is relatively high. The space must be a non-smoking area.

In Teluk Bahang or Tanjung Bungah or near Lebih Chulia or in other locations in Penang would be good to hear about, too. The more options the better.

Any and all help appreciated!
    TIA

#1 Posted: 3/4/2013 - 08:35

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

there will be several-just ask at where you stay-and even there the WiFi may be much better as you think now. Yes-they all do skype. tipical price 3/4 MYR/hr.
    BUT: your idea about non-smoke is a non-plusser-thats by far the hardest to achieve in MY.

#2 Posted: 7/4/2013 - 08:06

• hsoa

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2010

There is a good no smoking 24 hour internet cafe in Batu Ferringhi on Jalan Sungai Emas. The bus stop is named for and is at the Petronas petrol stand which is on the corner of this road and the main road to/from Georgetown.

The cafe is on the ground floor of the building of shops on the right side of the road as you walk less than 2 minutes up Sungai Emas from the gas station, across from the 7/11. You can see the PCs through the big glass windows. (Disregard the sign for an apparently defunct internet place.) RM 2 per hour.

There is also a clean looking no smoking internet cafe 3 minutes from the Island Plaza bus stop. Go up the big road where you can see the Chinese and Hindu temples next to each other. It is on 2 floors of the building on the left side of the street. RM 2 per hour.

#3 Posted: 17/4/2013 - 10:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.