Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

30 Days in Malaysia

• magnum

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2013
    Location United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

Currently coming to the end of a great month and a half in Thailand and moving on to Malaysia in the next few days. With the 30 day visa I'm keen to see some of peninsular and bornean Malaysia but really not sure how to split the time.

Wanting to see Georgetown, Cameron highlands, Perenthians and possibly KL before heading to Bornean Malaysia. Any thoughts on what order to do these 4, is KL worth seeing or is it just another city?

Also, how long should I spend on the mainland, 3 weeks/1week split or 2 weeks/2 weeks split?

Realise theres a lot of variables here, not looking for an outright answer but some opinions would be great!

Cheers

#1 Posted: 27/7/2013 - 07:09

• Advertisement

• antoniamitc-
    hell

Click here to learn more about antoniamitchell
    Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 39

Hi,
    I'm afraid I haven't been to the Borneo side of Malaysia so I can't advise you on that - do you have a shortlist of places you want to visit in Sabah/Sarawak? That might help you decide. Based upon the fact you've got 4 places listed on the peninsula, I'd assume you'd need about 2 weeks to cover those 4 places, perhaps slightly more if you decide you want to really chill out on the islands.

For peninsular Malaysia, you could easily spend 4-5 days in Georgetown alone. Cameron Highlands probably takes a few days (one day to get there from Georgetown, plus 2-3 days exploring), depending on how much you like hiking and visting tea plantations (my main advice for the Highlands is to get off the main drag - the scenery visible from the main roads around Tanah Rata is nothing special; you have to get off the main road to find the really beautiful scenery). How much time you give to KL depends on how much you like big cities - some people will spend only 1-2 days just to see the place, others could spend 4-5 hitting the shops, museums and restaurants (you'll need half a day to get to KL from the Highlands). I have no idea about the Perenthians.

Hope that's helpful.

#2 Posted: 30/7/2013 - 01:41

• aashton

Joined Travelfish
    3rd August, 2013

I know if you are in Malaysia than you have lots of places to travel because the name Malaysia itself suggests that the country is a minuscule of the large Asia. But I also want to suggest a place to visit Penang is a little stunning island state of Malaysia. It is a popular holiday location with tourists drawn to its golden beaches, scrumptious cuisine & warm seas. If you are confused to select the destination to travel Malaysia in short than you can take help of some local Malaysia Travel Agency to select the best travel places in Malaysia.

#3 Posted: 3/8/2013 - 01:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.