Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

First time in SEA

• jujuglobetr-
    oter

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2013

Hello everyone,

It's gonna be my first time in Southeast Asia in less then a month for an undetermined period of time and I would like to know if you have some advices and tips for me.
    I plan to start with Malaysia, I'm landing in KL first, and I was thinking of tramping around Malaysia a little and then go to Cambodia and Laos throught Thailand maybe. I'm not the kind of person who makes plan, I like to exchange with the locals and welcome every new adventures with a smile.

I know it's not too dangerous but I'm still a little bit scared especially to be on my own, but I'm sure it's gonna be fine.

I was just wondering where to find nice and cheap hotels, and this kind of stuff. My itinary is a little vague for the moment but I just bought a book and I'm gonna study it as much as possible.

So if you have ever been there and have some good tips for me, that would be awesome.

I'm so excited.

Thanks

#1 Posted: 22/8/2013 - 00:22

• Advertisement

• captainbkk

Joined Travelfish
    16th February, 2012

do that old-fashioned thing; GUIDEBOOK. There is even one"1st time in Asia'' by Rough guide. OR read the basic part of travel-fora like this-those always allthesame newbee Qs get pretty annoying after a while.Also be aware that for many its also dependent on where you from-somehow dumb USAers tend to have quite ignorant other ideas as Foolhardy Ozzies etc. (these ask about Motels-blissfully unaware that they hardly exist in SEA-and if they do are more for the 1-hour trade with pick-ups)

#2 Posted: 25/8/2013 - 06:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.