Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Malaysia honeymoon early november

• catobleppa

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2013

Hello all,

I'm organizing our honeymoon at the moment and we'd love to go to Singapore for 3 days + Malaysia for another 10 days more or less. Leaving on the 28th of Oct. until 11th Nov., we'd be in Malaysia the first 10 days of November.

Our original idea was spending a few days visiting Melaka and KL (after Singapore) and then move to some island on the east coast. Unfortunately we've just discovered that it is monsoon season on the east coast, and many resorts and places will be closed in Tioman. We're very upset about it, as our plan was just relaxing on wonderful beaches and snorkeling after visiting.

What would you suggest? Unfortunately we can't change our dates.
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Myriam

#1 Posted: 15/9/2013 - 15:15

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

This is a tricky one as the wet season can be a bit fickle -- I've just spent a month in a part of Thailand that should have seen plenty of rain but the weather was great, with very little rain -- and now I'm in Bali, supposedly in the middle of dry season and it is tanking down rain!

November is a transitional period, if you were going late November or early December I'd definitely recommend Langkawi further up the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia, but late October/early November you're more likely to get some rain.

That said, unlike the east coast islands, Langkawi will still be open for business and short of getting a flight up into Thailand, I'd go with that and just cross your fingers for not to much rain.

As mentioned the other option would be to hopskip up into southern Thailand on a cheap flight (perhaps KL - Krabi ) as early Nov weather SHOULD be more reliable.

Not a great help I know, worst case, switch to Penang and eat your way though your honeymoon - the food is fabulous and there are some great hotels there.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 15/9/2013 - 18:28

• caseyprich

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2010
    Location China
    Total reviews: 53
    Places visited:
    At least 48

For a honeymoon on Langkawi I would recommend staying at Mutiara Barau Bay - very nice location, quieter than much of the island but still not too far from things if you want to catch a ride into town (also directly under the sky bridge for a nice walk rather than having to make it a full day trip). The main beaches are way too crowded to be pleasant. You can find some really good deals for there on Agoda.

#3 Posted: 15/9/2013 - 22:47

• MellisaTurn-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    16th March, 2013

I would like to say that you have planned a very good itinerary, but don't forget to skip Bangkok as it is a very romantic destination for couples.

#4 Posted: 19/9/2013 - 07:42

• jenchew

Joined Travelfish
    18th June, 2012

Not really must go east coast, if really want to go some island, west coast such as Pangkor island, Langkawi are not bad too (won't affect by monsoon). can consider all the way from Singapore to Melaka, KL, Penang then go to Langkawi or Pangkor.

#5 Posted: 26/9/2013 - 04:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 Weeks Malaysia late November / early December ... By nochnbier on 27 Oct 2010 6 3233 26 Nov 2010
10 night trip to Malaysia in late October/early November ... By kpibear28 on 28 Aug 2013 2 1092 22 Nov 2013
Honeymoon in Thailand advice, early April please! ... By Andy1972 on 20 Oct 2013 1 1000 21 Oct 2013
Arriving in early November ... By LancasterLad on 13 Sep 2006 7 2133 26 Sep 2006
Western Island Early November ... By danowen on 26 Oct 2008 2 1636 28 Oct 2008
Gibbon Experience in early November ... By ohme_ohmy on 7 Oct 2010 0 1554 7 Oct 2010
South East Asia in early November ... By KarenLouise on 28 Jun 2006 2 3272 18 Jul 2013
Thailand - landing bkk 5th of NOVEMBER early morning - onwards ... By supaflymack on 27 Oct 2011 0 1078 27 Oct 2011