Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Malaysia honeymoon early november

Posted by catobleppa on 15/9/2013 at 15:15

Hello all,

I'm organizing our honeymoon at the moment and we'd love to go to Singapore for 3 days + Malaysia for another 10 days more or less. Leaving on the 28th of Oct. until 11th Nov., we'd be in Malaysia the first 10 days of November.

Our original idea was spending a few days visiting Melaka and KL (after Singapore) and then move to some island on the east coast. Unfortunately we've just discovered that it is monsoon season on the east coast, and many resorts and places will be closed in Tioman. We're very upset about it, as our plan was just relaxing on wonderful beaches and snorkeling after visiting.

What would you suggest? Unfortunately we can't change our dates.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Myriam

#1 catobleppa has been a member since 15/9/2013. Posts: 1

Posted by somtam2000 on 15/9/2013 at 18:28 admin

This is a tricky one as the wet season can be a bit fickle -- I've just spent a month in a part of Thailand that should have seen plenty of rain but the weather was great, with very little rain -- and now I'm in Bali, supposedly in the middle of dry season and it is tanking down rain!

November is a transitional period, if you were going late November or early December I'd definitely recommend Langkawi further up the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia, but late October/early November you're more likely to get some rain.

That said, unlike the east coast islands, Langkawi will still be open for business and short of getting a flight up into Thailand, I'd go with that and just cross your fingers for not to much rain.

As mentioned the other option would be to hopskip up into southern Thailand on a cheap flight (perhaps KL - Krabi ) as early Nov weather SHOULD be more reliable.

Not a great help I know, worst case, switch to Penang and eat your way though your honeymoon - the food is fabulous and there are some great hotels there.

Cheers

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by caseyprich on 15/9/2013 at 22:47

For a honeymoon on Langkawi I would recommend staying at Mutiara Barau Bay - very nice location, quieter than much of the island but still not too far from things if you want to catch a ride into town (also directly under the sky bridge for a nice walk rather than having to make it a full day trip). The main beaches are way too crowded to be pleasant. You can find some really good deals for there on Agoda.

#3 caseyprich has been a member since 3/3/2010. Location: China. Posts: 1,281
 Where has caseyprich been? 

Posted by MellisaTurner on 19/9/2013 at 07:42

I would like to say that you have planned a very good itinerary, but don't forget to skip Bangkok as it is a very romantic destination for couples.

#4 MellisaTurner has been a member since 16/3/2013. Posts: 14

Posted by jenchew on 26/9/2013 at 04:00

Not really must go east coast, if really want to go some island, west coast such as Pangkor island, Langkawi are not bad too (won't affect by monsoon). can consider all the way from Singapore to Melaka, KL, Penang then go to Langkawi or Pangkor.

#5 jenchew has been a member since 18/6/2012. Posts: 16

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.