Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Kenong Rimba Park

• natje812

Joined Travelfish
    21st October, 2013

Hi

I am leaving for KL in 10 days and had a few questions as a first timer in SE Asia..

I have 3 weeks (full travel time) in total but also would like to see Thailand (parts) and Siem Reap.
    I know this is a lot in 3 weeks (I'm used to traveling for a year at the time so I guess I still have to get used to only having 3 weeks [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img])
    I do plan not to plan too much, so I am kind of flexible, but still believe if you only have 3 weeks, a bit of planning is a necessary evil...

So, first question: how many days in KL? I planned 4 nights/ 3 days, but that actually had more to do with hotel deal..Not that I don't think that you can't spend 3 days in KL, I believe there is a lot to see...but maybe 3 days is a bit much compared to total of 3 weeks..

Then I was planning on going to Taman Negara, but it's quite far and I hear mixed reviews...
    A colleague of mine went to Endau Rompin, but that's just as far so..

Then I found Kenong Rimba park. It shares esat and north border with Taman Negara, so is a bit closer to KL and apparently not touristy at all..
    Has anyone been there and is it good? Can you compare it to Taman Negara?

Plan is to return to KL and take a flight to Langkawi from there.
    I was thinking 2 full days on Langkawi and then go Island hopping..I know I will be in Thailand by now, so I will post rest of my questions on Thailand forum [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks guys!
    Natalie

#1 Posted: 21/10/2013 - 18:34

• Advertisement

• neilmason

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2012

Access is from near Kuala Lipis. I haven't been to the park myself, but recall that when I stayed in Kuala Lipis various travel agents advertised tours there.

#2 Posted: 25/10/2013 - 21:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.