Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

KLIA-LCCT to Melaka by bus

Posted by Babalugats on 20/11/2013 at 07:25

Hey. I plan to visit Melaka next June, and I wonder if there are buses at the Low Cost Carrier Terminal, which travel to Melaka. Or is taxi the more-sensible option? I get conflicting responses from colleagues and mates, so here I am, hoping you can help me on this. Thanks!

#1 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 73
 Where has Babalugats been?   Website   Twitter   Google+ 

Posted by jbrinkey on 20/11/2013 at 09:23

I don't know about buses going from LCCT to Melaka. I think there should be plenty of options. I am pretty sure you can take a bus at KL Sentral to Melaka. Why LCCT in particular?

#2 jbrinkey has been a member since 7/10/2013. Location: Netherlands. Posts: 15
 Where has jbrinkey been?   Instagram 

Posted by goonistik on 20/11/2013 at 22:21

It is about 120km from LCCT to Melaka. That is going to be an expensive taxi trip.

Transnasional bus company seems to offer a service from LCCT to Melaka.

http://www.transnasional.com.my

#3 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by Babalugats on 20/11/2013 at 22:30

@jbrinkey I'll arrive in the KLIA-LCCT, so maybe if there will be buses outside of the airport...

@goonistik I'll check the URL. Thanks!

#4 Babalugats has been a member since 21/3/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 73
 Where has Babalugats been?   Website   Twitter   Google+ 

Posted by captainbkk on 21/11/2013 at 07:05

Just arrived @ LCC on AA this afternoon and yes, there are a few/day direct buses to MLK-but 2/3 per hour from BTS busstesyen-and NOT Kl Sentral,, jbri is wrong in that.
Look at a map: LCC/KLIA is nearly halfway between KL and MLK.

#5 captainbkk has been a member since 16/2/2012. Posts: 472

Posted by neilmason on 23/11/2013 at 19:25

There are about 5 direct Transnasional buses per day from LCCT to Melaka Sentral; you can pre-book on their website and it's a good idea to do so as it is a popular service. If flying domestically there is a ticket counter near the baggage carousels (cash only).

#6 neilmason has been a member since 31/12/2012. Posts: 38

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.