Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Deckhand

• Deef

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2013

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone would be able to offer me some advice on working as a deckhand. I want to travel to Europe without flying but I haven't got enough money to travel as a passenger on a freighter or cruise.

I haven't got any working boat experience but I would work for free and even pay towards food costs. I am not afraid of work and am an engineer by trade with experience in car and bike mechanics. I can cook a decent meal for a large number of people, I can clean or I could serve.....basically I'm not picky and willing to work hard in exchange for transport.

Any information of where I could find something like this would be much appreciated!

#1 Posted: 6/12/2013 - 00:39

• Advertisement

• neilmason

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2012

To be honest I've never tried anything like this but the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club near the ferry terminal in Kuah would have to be a good bet.

#2 Posted: 8/12/2013 - 14:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.