Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Motorcycle Hire Borneo

• RossAngeles

Joined Travelfish
    20th March, 2014

Greetings Fellow Adventurers,

My girlfriend and I are planning to go to Borneo next month. We are currently trying to decide on Kalimantan (Indonesian Borneo) or Sarawak (Malaysian Borneo). I know Indonesian Borneo is meant to be way less touristy and much wilder (which is what we are after), but communication is much harder and getting around more difficult. We would like to hire a motorbike and use that as our means of transportation around Borneo for a month. Does anyone have any information on renting motor bikes in Borneo? I am not interested in a motorcycle tour. Way too expensive and not the type of thing we are looking for. I am a very experienced Enduro moto rider (BMW's back home). Our biggest concerns are navigation and communication (as none of us speak their language). We will most likely be using GPS, but I know in many parts of Borneo, there are no roads at all.
    Can any of you recommend Malaysian Borneo over Indonesian or vice versa? We want both beaches and island experiences, as well as National Parks, longhouses/indigenous, Orangutang's etc.
    Any insight, advice and knowledge you can share with me would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you so much!
    Safe Travels...

#1 Posted: 20/3/2014 - 19:15

• Advertisement

• frere

Click here to learn more about frere
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

north borneo better people kalimantan better bike - you buy suzuki trail 125 [sounds teeny but it has 'guts' - i did the jungle for a year] and get a guarantee sell back price - a good deal.

#2 Posted: 24/3/2014 - 23:38

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Motorcycle hire? ... By tsargood on 31 Aug 2006 2 1382 31 Aug 2006
Motorcycle hire in Huay Xia ... By craigl on 7 Mar 2009 0 1113 7 Mar 2009
motorcycle hire in north laos ... By queanbeyan on 16 Aug 2008 1 1815 19 Aug 2008