Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

General Question

• martina1000-

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2014

Hi every one, I am planned to visit Malaysia. Can any one tell me When is the best time to visit Malaysia?

#1 Posted: 1/4/2014 - 06:59

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Lack of responses says it all.

#2 Posted: 2/4/2014 - 03:09

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

Jeez. I can't believe I wrote the above. Musta been in a bad mood.
    Maybe I was thinking: any website that Google turns up on Malaysia will have a WHEN TO GO section. But that is no excuse for getting smart-ass with martina. Maybe like a lot of us, she was thinking: well I've read the general info - let's see what travelfish members' individual experiences are.

Thing is, the best time to visit Malaysia depends on which factors are most important to you - good weather on the west coast/east coast/Eastern Malaysia (nth Borneo) etc, best festival times, best times to avoid crowds, nicest time for trekking - and so on.
    As a beaches and islands man I tend to go mainly between April and October when the weather on the east peninsular coast (which has the best islands and beaches IMHO) is best. I also always google for Malaysian and Singaporean school/public holidays because those times can get pretty crowded on the islands etc.

#3 Posted: 13/4/2014 - 18:55

• Travis_Chia

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2014

Hi,
    Kuala Lumpur and the west coast are good destinations all year round but tend to be driest & sunniest between December and March. At any point there is the chance of a short, sharp downpour but these can be welcome as they reduce the humidity.

#4 Posted: 14/4/2014 - 04:13

• Ivylnn

Joined Travelfish
    10th April, 2014

I also planning to Malaysia, my classmate was there for study, she recommended the Sabah on the Borneo island. But a little worry about the safety. ::(

#5 Posted: 17/4/2014 - 01:25

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

Penang gets rave revues.

#6 Posted: 17/4/2014 - 02:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
General Question ... By edward10001 on 28 Mar 2014 3 472 1 Apr 2014
General Question ... By jackson10001 on 27 Mar 2014 6 1077 26 Jun 2014
Very General Myanmar Question ... By caseyprich on 3 Jan 2014 3 995 8 Jan 2014