LCCT is moving on 8-9 May to KLIA2

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Just stumbled on the info below (taken from the Air Asia website) - it may be of use to some of you travelling through KL:

Malaysia's Next Generation HubOn 9 May 2014, AirAsia will be moving to a new home in Kuala Lumpur, which is Kuala Lumpur International Airport 2 (klia2). Due to this move, all current operations in Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT) will be ceased, and will be resumed at the new airport.

klia2 is built with the vision to be Malaysia’s Next Generation Hub that allows seamless connectivity for both local and international low-cost and full-service carriers. Aimed to cater for the explosive growth in low-cost travel, it has the capacity of 45 million passengers a year, replacing Low Cost Carrier Terminal (LCCT).

The new klia2 terminal is measured to be at least 257,000 sqm, with 60 gates, 8 remote stands, 80 aerobridges, plus a retail space of 32,000 sqm to accommodate 225 retail outlets.
    Passengers flying on the 8th and 9th May 2014Guests travelling on these dates will need to take notice of the changes that will be occurring during this transition period. Because of the limited time period given to move all the aircrafts and equipment, several flights on 8 May 2014 will arrive/depart straight to/from klia2. Please refer here to know if your flight is affected.
    As klia2 is a much bigger airport compared to LCCT, there will be several operational changes to serve guests better.Please do refer to the new counter check-in policies here.

http://www.airasia.com/my/en/klia2/overview.page

As a semi-regular passenger on Air Asia, I'm surprised that I haven't received any email updates about this. Hopefully any passengers with booked flights in/out of KL have at least been updated!

I don't know anything more than what is indicated above. Any further questions will have to be answered by other posters or Air Asia directly.

#1 Posted: 7/5/2014 - 04:09

• Advertisement

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012
    Total reviews: 11

Air Asia website is terrible now. The annoying Catcha makes searching flights such a hassle. Half the time the letters are so badly written it's hard to understand what it says and you have to forward to a new one. Every flight search requires a new Catcha. Flippin ridiculous.

#2 Posted: 8/5/2014 - 09:05

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Where are you seeing the captcha? I haven't booked for awhile, but just did a search from the Home Page, and tried to almost complete a booking (to the point where you enter passenger details) and don't see it.

#3 Posted: 9/5/2014 - 04:20

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

It comes up.on mobile.phones. very annoying. Laptop it doesnt.

#4 Posted: 9/5/2014 - 05:22

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Hang on its gone. Yesterday it came up every time and now its gone.

#5 Posted: 9/5/2014 - 05:27

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Maybe they received to many complaints. And just maybe they listened...? Nah....

#6 Posted: 9/5/2014 - 05:34

• LeonardCohe-
    n1

Joined Travelfish
    24th July, 2012

Maybe

#7 Posted: 9/5/2014 - 06:04

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

There is a local Malaysian thread that is actively discussing this now:

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3201920

I thought it is useful as the locals have the first hand knowledge on this new airport. Beware: you need to walk quite a lot in this new terminal.

#8 Posted: 10/5/2014 - 05:43

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Places visited:
    At least 107

The link below was pointed out in the last Travelfish newsletter but I thought I'd add it here, too.

Air Asia will no longer allow kiosk check-in at the airport (KLIA2). Instead, you must use web-checkin or mobile phone app check-in - otherwise you will pay RM10 for a manual checkin at the airport.

More info here: http://malaysiatravelnews.com/airasia-kiosk-check-discontinued-klia2-22-june/

or on the Air Asia website: http://www.airasia.com/my/en/check-ins/web-and-mobile.page?icid=iad113hpsba

#9 Posted: 28/6/2014 - 11:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.