Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

How long in Malaysia

• Joshq

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Bit of a silly question, but is 2 weeks more than enough time to get from Singapore, through Malaysia and to the Thai Border.

Ideally I would like a bit of time in the Cameron Highlands and KL.

Also - what other places are unmissable on my way up the west Coast of Malaysia?

We are getting our fill of islands in Thailand, so happy not to see any islands in Malaysia.

#1 Posted: 17/2/2009 - 10:10

• Advertisement

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

I think that's plenty of time given that you stop in KL and Cameron Highlands. In my opinion, I don't think that there is anything unmissable along the West Coast. I'd stop at Langkawi but since you're doing the Thai islands, I wouldn't bother if you were tight on time.

#2 Posted: 17/2/2009 - 16:07

• Joshq

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

I don't leave until June. Is langkawi alright around that time of year? I was thinking about going to Ko Lipe, but looking at the weather, it seems like the weather won't be on my side.

#3 Posted: 17/2/2009 - 16:29

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

I was there in early July 2007 for 3 days and had terrific weather. Sun each day, hardly any clouds and no rain. I think you should be right but maybe I was just lucky.

#4 Posted: 17/2/2009 - 18:19

• Joshq

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2009

Thanks Javatravel

Is there any other places you would recommend in Malaysia enroute from Singapore to Thailand?

I think KL and Cameron Highlands are my must see's...

#5 Posted: 18/2/2009 - 11:12

• jafatravel

Joined Travelfish
    19th October, 2008

Sorry mate, only travelled direct by bus from Singapore to KL. Never stopped along the way.

The east cost islands (Perhentian and Redang) will be perfect in June. Been to Redang island before but that was with folks so didn't investigate the backpacking options.

#6 Posted: 18/2/2009 - 16:59

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi Joshq,

I'm a Malaysian, and if you have 2 weeks to spare in the west coast of Malaysia, then I think it would be nice to go to places like:

Melaka
    KL
    Cameron Highlands
    Penang Island (Pulau Pinang)

Happy journey!

#7 Posted: 18/2/2009 - 22:31

• phili

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009

is ten days enough for penang, teman NP, KL then singapore? travelling from thai to bali so thought may as well see some sights but low on time as have a flight to catch fromm singapore. How long do the actual journeys take?

cheers

#8 Posted: 27/6/2009 - 20:12

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

phili

Penang...2 days sightsee

Penang to Taman Nagara 3 days travel (unless dedicated bus to Jerantut, then 2 days)

Taman Negara - allow 2 days to enjoy

Taman Negara - KL, allow 3 days to be safe (unless you have a dedicated bus journey from Jerantut to KL, then 2 days)

KL - allow 3 days to see sights

Malacca - allow 1 day to get there, and another full day to enjoy

Then another day to get to Singapore

ps. I'm assuming your 'temen NP' = Taman Negarra NP (great place!!!)

and

you wouldn't want to miss Malacca (its also great).

ps. this would have been better posted under the Malaysia header...

Cheers

#9 Posted: 28/6/2009 - 20:13

• thailand_as-
    ia

Joined Travelfish
    7th July, 2009
    Location Germany
    Total reviews: 2

i was about one month in malaysia peninsular, and it was enough time, i think 2 weeks are a bit less. i start at kota baru and went to perhentian island from there i travel to lankawi, penang, cameron highlands and than to the capital kuala lumpur in central peninsular. from there i went down to melakka to singapore. a nice trip through malaysia in southeast asia.
    my highlights on this trip was pulau perhentian and kl.
    enjoy

#10 Posted: 8/7/2009 - 11:07

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.