Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

ABC Beach, Tioman

Posted by mitchell on 2/8/2009 at 21:32

at first i thought, what only rocks? this beach sucks. then it just grew on me and i stayed there for 9 days. a really nice vibe there.
stayed in south pacific chalets for mr27/night.
most small basic bungalows are around the mr30-40 range. then, it jumps to mr100-150 for a/c rooms.
the sand is at either end of the beach and the one at the south end has a bar right on it. they make a decent pizza there too.
happy hour from 5-7. both ends have a bar with happy hour. 3 beers for mr10.
you can walk from end to end in about 20 leisurely minutes, so it doesnt really matter where you stay. the south end has a longer stretch of sandy beach than the north by bamboo resort. (its always booked months in advance)
not so nice snorkeling there. lack of coral.
duty free is about 100 yards from the airport on the next beach to the south. good prices!
cats. lots of cats.
monitor lizards, monkeys and pythons. didnt see one dog.
all in all, a nice place to kick back and meet people.
later

#1 mitchell has been a member since 26/6/2009. Posts: 16

Posted by BruceMoon on 3/8/2009 at 04:23

"didnt see one dog."

Must be the Vietnamese cook...

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Posted by perkypurplepixie on 4/8/2009 at 14:19

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It really helps when trying to decide where to go and where to stay. Please add your views on any other places you visit - it will certainly help me out.

#3 perkypurplepixie has been a member since 30/4/2008. Posts: 8

Posted by perkypurplepixie on 4/8/2009 at 14:22

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It really helps when trying to decide where to go and where to stay. Please add your views on any other places you visit - it will certainly help me out.

#4 perkypurplepixie has been a member since 30/4/2008. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.