Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

ABC Beach, Tioman

• mitchell

Joined Travelfish
    26th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

at first i thought, what only rocks? this beach sucks. then it just grew on me and i stayed there for 9 days. a really nice vibe there.
    stayed in south pacific chalets for mr27/night.
    most small basic bungalows are around the mr30-40 range. then, it jumps to mr100-150 for a/c rooms.
    the sand is at either end of the beach and the one at the south end has a bar right on it. they make a decent pizza there too.
    happy hour from 5-7. both ends have a bar with happy hour. 3 beers for mr10.
    you can walk from end to end in about 20 leisurely minutes, so it doesnt really matter where you stay. the south end has a longer stretch of sandy beach than the north by bamboo resort. (its always booked months in advance)
    not so nice snorkeling there. lack of coral.
    duty free is about 100 yards from the airport on the next beach to the south. good prices!
    cats. lots of cats.
    monitor lizards, monkeys and pythons. didnt see one dog.
    all in all, a nice place to kick back and meet people.
    later

#1 Posted: 2/8/2009 - 21:32

• Advertisement

• BruceMoon

Click here to learn more about BruceMoon
    Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2008
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

"didnt see one dog."

Must be the Vietnamese cook...

Cheers

#2 Posted: 3/8/2009 - 04:23

• perkypurple-
    pixie

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It really helps when trying to decide where to go and where to stay. Please add your views on any other places you visit - it will certainly help me out.

#3 Posted: 4/8/2009 - 14:19

• perkypurple-
    pixie

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2008

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It really helps when trying to decide where to go and where to stay. Please add your views on any other places you visit - it will certainly help me out.

#4 Posted: 4/8/2009 - 14:22

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Accomodation in Salang Beach - Tioman ... By Janascha on 24 Jan 2011 0 2832 24 Jan 2011
Tioman-Juara Beach- Accommodation? ... By ambee124 on 26 Jul 2010 1 3012 27 Jul 2010