Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Accommodation Kuching

• mattd82

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

Hi,
    We are flying into Kuching about 9pm on the 24th and thought we really should organise somewhere to sleep before we get there.
    Can anyone recommend some budget places we could look into?
    Maybe somewhere thats easily accessible from the airport too!
    Thanks heaps,
    Matt

#1 Posted: 20/9/2009 - 12:25

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore
    Total reviews: 4

Hi Matt.

The Kuching airport is a good ways outside of the city, so the airport hotels tend to be "business class" and a little more expensive. Taxis into the city are at a fixed price and most accommodations, even guesthouses, are usually willing to pick you up for around 20 RM.

If you'd like to stay somewhere cozy and friendly try the Borneo Seahare: http://www.borneoseahare.com I spent about 2 weeks here in 2008.

I know there's a new Air Asia hotel in Kuching near the waterfront. I haven't stayed there, but that's a great location and it's very affordable. http://www.tunehotels.com/

#2 Posted: 20/9/2009 - 14:58

• mattd82

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

We ended up staying at a backpackers called "tracks" (or maybe 'track') in the green hill area which I can highly recommend.
    15RM per person per night for dorm stay including breakfast, staff are really lovely, clean, its a little on the small size but friendly and has a huge tv with masses of movies if you need a little down time.
    easy to get to from the airport by either bus or taxi...

#3 Posted: 25/10/2009 - 14:46

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Kuching: accommodation <$25/nite? ... By amz155 on 31 Mar 2011 2 2026 1 Apr 2011