Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

How long is long enough?

• Kiah

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2009

Hey All,

Firstly just want to say what an awesome travel site, it's made planning my trip to SE Asia so much easier!

Im going to be in SE for 2 months from the end of January and planning to do Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia and Singapore.

At the moment i'm planning 2 weeks for Malaysia.(not interested in the west coast) Taman Negara is a must see for me but what about the Perhentian islands? I'll be there at the beginning of March so concerned about catching the end of monsoon season and places not being open. I will have already spent time in Krabi and the Islands of south Thailand so i guess my question is: are the Perhentians worth a visit? If so how long should i factor in for a visit to them and Taman Negara?

Thanks

#1 Posted: 20/9/2009 - 15:29

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Kiah, glad you like the site -- thanks!

By early March, the islands should be well on the way to being in full swing, so if you've got two weeks all up I'd be looking at something like five nights on the islands perhaps three or four in the park (there is a good post on Taman Negara here ) and then perhaps somewhere else on the east coast, Cherating perhaps -- assuming you're last stop in Singapore...

#2 Posted: 21/9/2009 - 08:18

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi kiah, if you have had enough of islands from Thailand, then maybe you can skip the Malaysian ones, though I'll say Malaysian islands have better corals reefs. The east coast Malay states of Kelantan and Terengganu are definitely worth a visit, and maybe you can incorporate the jungle train into you path, since it passes by Taman Negara (what a good choice) http://www.malaysiasite.nl/jungletrain.htm, and will end at Gemas, from where you can continue on to Melaka and then to Singapore. You might want to skip the west coast, but Melaka is worth a go, plus it's on the way too.

have a great trip and pls do write us about it.

#3 Posted: 23/11/2009 - 21:21

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.