Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Take the train to the LCCT

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

KLIA Transit (which operates on the same line as the KLIA Express Train (KL-KLIA) but stops at 5 stations instead of 2) has now launched a service linking the train to the LCCT. You take the train to the pneultimate station (Salak Tinggi) and then they have a fleet of air-con busses to take you to the LCCT. The cost is currently RM12.50 and the trip takes about a hour.

More details can be found at http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCCT/tabid/158/Default.aspx

On a side point, it appears fixed fare token taxis to/from the LCCT cost substaintially more than taxis to/from KLIA. According to the official taxi site a fixed fare to/from LCCT to central KL is around RM112 where as from KLIA its around RM70. I guess its a case of less choice at the LCCT...

#1 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 16:28

• Advertisement

• furneburner

Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2009

112RM!

I think i paid 60 last time...fixed fare coupon late at night...

#2 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 18:07

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Ignore me on the taxi front - just had another look at the website and it seems it may have had issues over the weekend, as prices are now far more like I was expecting... around 60-70RM.

With regard to the train, they are currently giving away 1000 free tickets, so it's worth looking at the website and seeing if there is any availability on the day you are travelling... although it would have to be soon!

#3 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 18:58

• Caripito

Joined Travelfish
    6th September, 2009
    Location United States

This is exciting stuff for me as a train travel buff.
    I can't wait to get to SEA and learn what all that stuff means.

I bet KL means Kuala Lumpur. If so this train must be in Malasia. Right?
    I wonder what KLIA and LCCT means?
    I also wonder how many RMs there are in a USD?

Good info for me planning my SEA 6 month tour.
    Thanks!!!!

#4 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 21:26

• tails101

Joined Travelfish
    1st April, 2006
    Location United Kingdom

Yep, KL is Kuala Lumpur...

KLIA : Kuala Lumpur International Airport (The Main Airport for KL)
    LCCT : Low Cost Carrier Terminal (KL's Low Cost Carrier Terminal for airlines such as Air Asia.)

Currently just less than 3.5RM to a USD.

#5 Posted: 28/9/2009 - 22:09

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.