Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Take the train to the LCCT

Posted by tails101 on 28/9/2009 at 16:28

KLIA Transit (which operates on the same line as the KLIA Express Train (KL-KLIA) but stops at 5 stations instead of 2) has now launched a service linking the train to the LCCT. You take the train to the pneultimate station (Salak Tinggi) and then they have a fleet of air-con busses to take you to the LCCT. The cost is currently RM12.50 and the trip takes about a hour.

More details can be found at http://www.kliaekspres.com/erlsb/LCCT/tabid/158/Default.aspx

On a side point, it appears fixed fare token taxis to/from the LCCT cost substaintially more than taxis to/from KLIA. According to the official taxi site a fixed fare to/from LCCT to central KL is around RM112 where as from KLIA its around RM70. I guess its a case of less choice at the LCCT...

#1 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Posted by furneburner on 28/9/2009 at 18:07

112RM!

I think i paid 60 last time...fixed fare coupon late at night...

#2 furneburner has been a member since 5/9/2009. Posts: 180

Posted by tails101 on 28/9/2009 at 18:58

Ignore me on the taxi front - just had another look at the website and it seems it may have had issues over the weekend, as prices are now far more like I was expecting... around 60-70RM.

With regard to the train, they are currently giving away 1000 free tickets, so it's worth looking at the website and seeing if there is any availability on the day you are travelling... although it would have to be soon!

#3 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Posted by Caripito on 28/9/2009 at 21:26

This is exciting stuff for me as a train travel buff.
I can't wait to get to SEA and learn what all that stuff means.

I bet KL means Kuala Lumpur. If so this train must be in Malasia. Right?
I wonder what KLIA and LCCT means?
I also wonder how many RMs there are in a USD?

Good info for me planning my SEA 6 month tour.
Thanks!!!!

#4 Caripito has been a member since 6/9/2009. Location: United States. Posts: 31

Posted by tails101 on 28/9/2009 at 22:09

Yep, KL is Kuala Lumpur...

KLIA : Kuala Lumpur International Airport (The Main Airport for KL)
LCCT : Low Cost Carrier Terminal (KL's Low Cost Carrier Terminal for airlines such as Air Asia.)

Currently just less than 3.5RM to a USD.

#5 tails101 has been a member since 1/4/2006. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 105
 Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.