Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

Langkawi budget accomodation?

Posted by Sampan on 2/12/2009 at 16:18

Hello forum!

I'm planning to travel from Satun to Penang with ferry via Lungkawi.

Would anyone be able to recommend some good budget accommodation on Langkawi?

Also, if someone have tips on alternative routes from Satun towards Penang, preferably by the sea, I'd really appreciate it.

//

#1 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by dogmeat on 2/12/2009 at 17:43

Rainbow guesthouse (100m from gecko guesthouse, follow the signs) had dorm for 10 ringit when I was there a month ago. They were renovating and I think the final price was aimed at 15, which is the same as dorms in bigger guesthouses (ex gecko). Gecko is the lonely planet choice so most people can direct you to it.

The guesthouses are at the main backpacker beach (can't remember the name) on the southeastern coast, so pretty far from Kuah and the ferrys... but I'd recommend langkawi over penang anyway so..

#2 dogmeat has been a member since 2/12/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by Sampan on 2/12/2009 at 21:29

Thanks dogmeat,

For what reason do you recommend Langkawi over Penang?

//

#3 Sampan has been a member since 3/9/2009. Posts: 110

Posted by Everestencounte on 20/2/2012 at 08:41

Hi all how can i get the Malaysia ? How can i go and where get the visa.im from Nepal want to know every thing about there.let me know throw my company Everest Encounter Trekking & Expedition P.Ltd. If you make the plan to Nepal click http://www.hikinghimalaya.com

#4 Everestencounte has been a member since 20/2/2012. Posts: 1

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.