Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Langkawi budget accomodation?

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Hello forum!

I'm planning to travel from Satun to Penang with ferry via Lungkawi.

Would anyone be able to recommend some good budget accommodation on Langkawi?

Also, if someone have tips on alternative routes from Satun towards Penang, preferably by the sea, I'd really appreciate it.

//

#1 Posted: 2/12/2009 - 16:18

• Advertisement

• dogmeat

Joined Travelfish
    2nd December, 2009

Rainbow guesthouse (100m from gecko guesthouse, follow the signs) had dorm for 10 ringit when I was there a month ago. They were renovating and I think the final price was aimed at 15, which is the same as dorms in bigger guesthouses (ex gecko). Gecko is the lonely planet choice so most people can direct you to it.

The guesthouses are at the main backpacker beach (can't remember the name) on the southeastern coast, so pretty far from Kuah and the ferrys... but I'd recommend langkawi over penang anyway so..

#2 Posted: 2/12/2009 - 17:43

• Sampan

Joined Travelfish
    3rd September, 2009
    Total reviews: 3

Thanks dogmeat,

For what reason do you recommend Langkawi over Penang?

//

#3 Posted: 2/12/2009 - 21:29

• Everestenco-
    unte

Joined Travelfish
    20th February, 2012

Hi all how can i get the Malaysia ? How can i go and where get the visa.im from Nepal want to know every thing about there.let me know throw my company Everest Encounter Trekking & Expedition P.Ltd. If you make the plan to Nepal click http://www.hikinghimalaya.com

#4 Posted: 20/2/2012 - 08:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Langkawi accomodation options ... By freiburger on 26 Aug 2013 10 2387 2 Nov 2013
Langkawi, Malaysia - accomodation question ... By caseyprich on 11 Oct 2011 6 2591 8 Dec 2011
Budget Langkawi ... By katieflorence on 29 Oct 2009 3 5606 30 Oct 2009
cheapest-langkawi or thailand? monthly budget? ... By teresa7 on 4 Jul 2010 0 2187 4 Jul 2010