Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Trekking Malaysia

• MooPing

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2009

I would like to do some trekking while in Malaysia but can't decide between the Taman Negara or Malaysia Borneo.

I'm on a bit of a time schedule as I have only two months to get through Malaysia, S. Thailand, Laos and Vietnam.

If I only have 3-5 days to spare for trekking am I better off just going to the Taman Negara? Is the Taman Negara significantly different than the treks in Malaysian Borneo?

#1 Posted: 13/12/2009 - 12:32

• Advertisement

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

hi, if you only have 3-5 days to spare, and you reach malaysia at KLIA, then taman negara is the obvious choice, because KL is not too far from there. To go to borneo will take significant amount of flight time. trekking in both sides are worth the effort and they offer you different experiences, so either one is a good choice.

#2 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 22:29

• MooPing

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2009

Thanks for the info!

I'll actually be arriving in Singapore from the Philippines and traveling into Malaysia by train/bus.

I've decided on Taman Negara as I wouldn't do Borneo any justice if I only spent 3-5 days there as there is too much I want to see.

#3 Posted: 17/12/2009 - 07:32

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

yeah, you are right. to do borneo justice, even two months may not be too long. have a great trip.

#4 Posted: 18/12/2009 - 07:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.