Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Transit KLIA to Melaka

• michaels57

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009
    Total reviews: 4

Hi,

I am stopping into Malaysia for the first time on the way to and from Cambodia in January. I think we will spend a few days in KL (3nights)on the way to cambodia and then on the way back we thinking of going direct to Melaka (2 nights) from the airport, rather then do a day trip from KL.

We will be arriving at KLIA at 1600 and was wondering how the best way to get to Melaka was (taxi/bus? times/prices?). Then we will be returning two days later for a 10am flight back to Aus.

Any info greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Michael

#1 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 13:22

• Advertisement

• idreamofdur-
    ian

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about idreamofdurian
    Joined Travelfish
    5th September, 2008
    Location Singapore

Buses to Melaka leave approximately every hour from the Puda Raya, KL's main bus station. It's roughly 1 hour by taxi from the airport to the bus station depending on traffic.

If you don't want to take a taxi from KLIA you can take the airport express train, which takes about 35 minutes. There's a rail stop walking distance to the bus station in KL.

A taxi from KLIA to Melaka is definitely possible... I'd imagine it's around 300 Ringgit (since you pretty much have to pay for the driver to return to KL, too).

#2 Posted: 14/12/2009 - 22:04

• michaels57

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009

Thanks for the advice idreamofdurian. Is there a bus direct from KLIA to Melaka I have read it but not able confirm or book.

Also i heard that you can purchase coupons at the airport for taxis is this also true for trips to Melaka?

CHEERS

Michael

#3 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 12:00

• chopin

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Hi Michael,

idreamofdurian's suggestion to go to KL first, or taking the taxi from KLIA to Melaka are the the most direct options. If you don't want to waste time to go to KL, or if taking the cab is too costly for you (if alone), then here is another option:

Take a cab from KLIA to go about 30km to a small town called Nilai, or there might be a transit bus (need to clarify with the airport if this is still available), get to the KTM Komuter train station to go 40km to Seremban which is a major town, and there are quite frequent trips, and from there take a bus to Melaka which is about 90km away. You can look up google map to see where these towns are. this will be the cheapest way but might take some time to hop in between towns.

I'm not sure if cabs going to Melaka need to use coupon or not, but use it if it's available, otherwise insist that they run on meter, or bargain about the fare BEFOREHAND. There are certain amount of black sheep amongst Malaysian cab drivers.

The following pages might give you more info:

http://www.malaysiasite.nl/tokleng.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nilai_Komuter_station

http://www.ktmb.com.my/images/default/komuter/comroutemap.pdf

#4 Posted: 16/12/2009 - 22:16

• michaels57

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009

Thanks for that Chopin, I will do some more research. At least i always have the back up of the taxi (even if it is expensive).

CHEERS

Michael

#5 Posted: 18/12/2009 - 16:56

• michaels57

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2009

For anyone interested,

I purchased a coupon from the Airport taxi stand at KLIA to go to Melaka . It cost 159 Ringgit and took a little over two hours. I returned using the same driver two days later for the same fare. It was a little costly but it was the only way to see Melaka in the limited time we had which was definately worth it.

#6 Posted: 13/2/2010 - 12:22

• Nokka

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

There are buses that leave from LCCT (KL's budget airline terminal. ie Air Asia) so I'm sure they also go from KLIA, though there is a shuttle between the two.

I caught the Transnacional bus to Melaka, took 2 hours and costs 22 Ringit. Goes from Platform 7 at LCCT at 09.00, 11.30, 14.00, 16.00 & 20.00. Tickets available from booths in the airport or at the platform.

#7 Posted: 15/2/2010 - 17:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
KLIA-LCCT to Melaka by bus ... By Babalugats on 20 Nov 2013 5 2442 23 Nov 2013