Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Family friendly acc. Langkawi

• pia2am

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2009
    Location Denmark

We, a family of 4, are going to Langkawi for a few days in feb.
    We will arrive on a ferry from Koh Lipe and will depart to Penang.
    I wonder if any of you experienced Malaysia travellers can recommend a nice friendly guesthouse, not a party house. Near a nice beach would be a bonus, we can pay up to $30 a night.

Thanks in advance

Pia

#1 Posted: 19/12/2009 - 14:40

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I just got back from Langkawi. Had Lady Tezza along so stayed a bit upmarket from your budget, but a cheaper place I made a point of checking out because it gets rave reviews in the users' forums is TROPICAL RESORT.
    This is situated on the main road at Tengah Beach - a very nice but quieter beach than the main Cengang Beach. Tropical is only 10 minutes walk into Cengang - but has a variety of shops and restaurants adjacent.
    I was surprised how modern the place looked - the reviews made it sound a bit rustic.

#2 Posted: 25/12/2009 - 19:22

• pia2am

Joined Travelfish
    22nd January, 2009
    Location Denmark

Thanks for your reply Tezza, will have a look at that place

#3 Posted: 3/1/2010 - 13:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.