Photo: Kayaking Langkawi's mangroves.

Malaysia forum

BUSES ! please help

Posted by nips2689 on 11/1/2010 at 01:20

I am going to Perhentian Island, and from there i want to get to Penang .

Can anyone help me with buses from either Jerteh - Penang or anywhere near here that i could get to Penang easily.

Thanks

#1 nips2689 has been a member since 21/12/2009. Posts: 9

Posted by somtam2000 on 11/1/2010 at 13:48 admin

There are direct buses from Kota Bharu to Penang - that's probably the quickest way, but I've not done it myself.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by idreamofdurian on 11/1/2010 at 13:48 TF writer

Looks like there are 2 daily buses from Jerteh to Penang with Mutiara Ekspres (http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptajertih.htm#4)

Otherwise, the guaranteed way would be to go to Kota Bahru and get a bus from there. If you're in a hurry you can fly between K.B. and Penang... try AirAsia or FireFly.

#3 idreamofdurian has been a member since 5/9/2008. Location: Singapore. Posts: 576
 Website   Twitter   Flickr  

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.