Flag of Malaysia

Malaysia forum

Day trips from KL

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

Hi guys,

I will be in KL for three days in April and am wondering if it is feasable to do a day trip to Mekala without wasing too much time travelling or do you think I should just stick to the city?

If anyone has any good suggestions for day trips out of KL I would love to hear them! Accomodation for KL is already booked so staying away the night is not an option.

Thanks in advance!

#1 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 09:37

• Advertisement

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Yes,sure. Melaka is only 125 km from Kuala Lumpur and there is a good hiway that link it.

The easiest way is to charter a taxi to take you from the hotel you stay in KL to Melaka. This way you wont waste much time going to bus terminal at KL. There are a lot to see at Melaka, perhaps yu may need more than a day. However the points of interests are almost located close to each at the old city of Melaka.

If you decided to take the bus, leave your hotel early. Express Bus service is available at Pudu Raya terminal. It takes 2 hours to be in Melaka from KL.

Have a nice day

AA

#2 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 13:51

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

Thanks AbgAcid, I wish we could spare more then a day, but there will be a next time!

Do you have any idea how much a taxi would cost vs the bus. We are on a bit of a budget.

#3 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 15:03

• AbgAcid

Click here to learn more about AbgAcid
    Joined Travelfish
    28th November, 2009
    Location Malaysia
    Total reviews: 21

Bus should be in the region of rm15. comfortable coaches, air con. Will arrive at Melaka Sentral terminal. You will need a town bus from there onwards to Kota Melaka, thats where the old city of Melaka is.

I think taxi should cost rm35-40 a person if its not charted, meaning you still need to go to the taxi station.

hope that helps

AA

#4 Posted: 15/3/2010 - 20:24

• shaydan_01

Joined Travelfish
    16th November, 2009
    Location Australia

It certainly does, thanks heaps!

#5 Posted: 16/3/2010 - 04:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.