Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Rent or Buy ?

Posted by KIPPERTHAI on 23/3/2010 at 03:13

Hi all, looked into buying in HCMC,several Minsk,some good, others rubbish, priced $250-$400.I was there for only 2wks. so renting was my choice.Problem was I found it near impossible to rent anything,1.for long distance, they freaked when I told them my travel plans! 2.Without leaving my passport,difficult for hotels/police.So rented from Saigon scooters, big deposit but felt trustworthy,bit expensive at $120/week, but had a nice bike and a great trip.This worked for me but I am sure there must be alternatives, but couldn't find them in Saigon, Hanoi was much easier for rental.Biking...best way to travel!!!!

#1 KIPPERTHAI has been a member since 3/1/2010. Posts: 6

Posted by hanoimikeshotel on 25/3/2010 at 11:41

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi there !

if you gonna go by motorbik and stay for 1 month or 2 weeks, you should buy a motorbike, it's easy and cheaper for your tours

have a great trip !

#2 hanoimikeshotel has been a member since 6/1/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 10
 Twitter 

Posted by hanoimikeshotel on 25/3/2010 at 11:45

Posted from within Vietnam.

hi

#3 hanoimikeshotel has been a member since 6/1/2010. Location: Vietnam. Posts: 10
 Twitter 

Posted by KIPPERTHAI on 26/3/2010 at 04:23

Thanks hanoimikes, think next time I will do this,but will stay longer, 2 weeks is just no good, cheers chris

#4 KIPPERTHAI has been a member since 3/1/2010. Posts: 6

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.