Motorbiking in Asia forum

Rent or Buy ?

• KIPPERTHAI

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2010

Hi all, looked into buying in HCMC,several Minsk,some good, others rubbish, priced $250-$400.I was there for only 2wks. so renting was my choice.Problem was I found it near impossible to rent anything,1.for long distance, they freaked when I told them my travel plans! 2.Without leaving my passport,difficult for hotels/police.So rented from Saigon scooters, big deposit but felt trustworthy,bit expensive at $120/week, but had a nice bike and a great trip.This worked for me but I am sure there must be alternatives, but couldn't find them in Saigon, Hanoi was much easier for rental.Biking...best way to travel!!!!

#1 Posted: 23/3/2010 - 03:13

• Advertisement

• hanoimikesh-
    otel

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2010
    Location Vietnam

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hi there !

if you gonna go by motorbik and stay for 1 month or 2 weeks, you should buy a motorbike, it's easy and cheaper for your tours

have a great trip !

#2 Posted: 25/3/2010 - 11:41

• hanoimikesh-
    otel

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2010
    Location Vietnam

#3 Posted: 25/3/2010 - 11:45

• KIPPERTHAI

Joined Travelfish
    3rd January, 2010

Thanks hanoimikes, think next time I will do this,but will stay longer, 2 weeks is just no good, cheers chris

#4 Posted: 26/3/2010 - 04:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.