Motorbiking in Asia forum

Motorbike on train in Vietnam?

• juutsel

Joined Travelfish
    28th April, 2010

Posted from within Vietnam.

I have heard that it is possible to put your motorbike on a freight train and whip it with you while you stay in the (bit more comfortable) people wagon but I cannot find a good thread about how this works and what the prices are.

Has anybody shipped their motorbike through the country who wants to share some information?

We are in Hue and can't get into Laos at Lao Bao with our motorbikes and are now thinking of shipping them to HCMC and selling them there.

Any suggestions on how to arrange this and what the costs are (and how far in advance does this need to be arranged)?

THNX

#1 Posted: 30/4/2010 - 11:31

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I haven't done this, but my understanding of it is they go in a separate train (a freight train funnily enough) and it isn't a big deal at deal -- peeps do it all the time.

Once you're in Saigon looking to sell, see the Motorbiking in Asia section for contacts for selling.

#2 Posted: 30/4/2010 - 18:24

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.