Motorbiking in Asia forum

propose a route from hanoi to hcmc

• travelhungr-
    yboy

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hi everyone, I am wondering if any of you would be able to propose a route from Hanoi to HCMC for me. I am planning to buy a motorbike and ride down South although I am unsure of where the best places to stop along the way are, how far it is realistic for me to travel each day and how easy it will be to find accommodation at each destination. I would like to travel along the coast if possible and am not fussed on great nightlife, more taking in the scenery, I want to relax! I have 26 days although my flight departs from Hanoi so I will need to leave time to get a flight or the train back to Hanoi. I would also like to visit HaLong bay or to avoid the tourist scene there, travel further round to Bai Tu Long. Is it imperative that I chain the bike up when I am not with it and if so can I buy a decent lock and chain in Hanoi? Thanks guys and gals!

#1 Posted: 8/5/2010 - 17:05

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Check the map about half way down this post. Probably a good starting point.

#2 Posted: 9/5/2010 - 07:11

• travelhungr-
    yboy

Joined Travelfish
    29th April, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Thankyou somtam! that looks brilliant, I think I may have actually come across this before but after reading so many forum posts on so many sites I got a bit disorientated. I'll be sure to post and let everyone know how it goes!

#3 Posted: 9/5/2010 - 16:59

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.