Motorbiking in Asia forum

Need for licences in SEA?

  • bdtjones

    Joined Travelfish
    17th September, 2010
    Location Canada
    Posts: 13

    Planning a trip to SEA, and am definatley going to want to rent motorbikes/scooters for getting around some places. I'm just wondering if I need any kind of special international licence for this.

    #1 Posted: 17/9/2010 - 08:44

  • Advertisement

  • neosho

    Joined Travelfish
    13th August, 2008
    Posts: 386

    I've never been asked for one.

    #2 Posted: 17/9/2010 - 16:54

  • goonistik

    Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Posts: 560
    Places visited:
    At least 9

    In the Philippines, you can drive for 3 months from date of arrival with your foreign drivers license. However, it is possible that some traffic enforcers may not know this rule and if you are caught they will try to "negotiate" with you.
    See here.

    Your license has to specify that you are licensed to drive motorcycles/scooters.

    #3 Posted: 17/9/2010 - 19:19

  • ridetheworld

    Joined Travelfish
    15th July, 2011
    Posts: 6

    They can help in your biking needs in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand.

    #4 Posted: 14/9/2011 - 10:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Hotel Deals of the Day
best price guarantee