Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Hire motorbike and return elsewere

Posted by momo on 5/12/2006 at 12:08

hello,
I'd like to hire a motorbike (100cc is fine) in Vang Vieng och Vientianne and return it further south, maybe Pakse. Does anyone know if that is possible, and in that case, where, what company etc.?

Thanks!

#1 momo has been a member since 5/12/2006. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 5/12/2006 at 15:51 admin

Hi momo,

Welcome to Travelfish!

Not to my knowledge. While you can certainly hire a moped and drive it where-ever you want you'll need to return it to where you got it. The only possibility could be to organise for the rental shop to send a fixer down to you in Pakse and take the bike back by bus, but I'd imagine it would be cheaper to just buy the bike *and sell it to a shop in pakse) than do that.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,504
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by momo on 6/12/2006 at 11:31

Hello,
and thanks for the answer and the welcome. I know that there's a few (or at least one) companies that offer to hire motorbikes that you can return "elsewhere" (not pakse though), eg. Green Discovery Laos, but they only got expensive dirt bikes.

Thanks again.

#3 momo has been a member since 5/12/2006. Posts: 4

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.