Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

motorbiking Vietnam: June/July

Posted by vanbors on 28/6/2011 at 13:54

Posted from within Vietnam.

Hey guys,

I'm a 25yo guy from the US, currently (as of June 28) in Saigon with my motorbike. I want to bike up to the North starting in a couple days or in July and was wondering if there's anyone else out there doing the same - I'd love to have some company! Definitely want to experience as much of the country as possible - the mountains, beaches, nightlife, etc. Feel free to get in touch, or if you're simply in Saigon now let's meet for a couple drinks!

Mike

#1 vanbors has been a member since 3/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by fostertrev on 29/6/2011 at 01:49

Hey, I'm also 25/yo from Canada, looking at doin almost the same trip. However I won't be able to be there until about...the 7th or 8th of July. Are you able to wait a few days??

#2 fostertrev has been a member since 29/6/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by octopus29 on 29/6/2011 at 11:14

Drive carefully and watch out for cows on the roads.
Don't forget to buy a good map which give the details about the roads in Vietnam.
We can meet for drinks if you want my advice. haha

#3 octopus29 has been a member since 20/2/2011. Posts: 20

Posted by vanbors on 29/6/2011 at 12:14

@fostertrev: yeah I wasn't planning on starting for a few days as it is, going to chill at the beach for probably 4 days with some friends and then come back to Saigon. We could probably make this work. Add me on Facebook if you want, it's probably easier to communicate that way and get to know each other a bit better: wmb05c@fsu.edu (that e-mail address doesn't receive e-mails unfortunately).

@octopus29: it'd be great to get some advice. want to meet at some point this week? add me on Facebook as well!

#4 vanbors has been a member since 3/6/2011. Posts: 9

Posted by octopus29 on 29/6/2011 at 23:23

Hey Mike,

I have free time on Thursday June 30th and Friday July 1st if you feel ok to meet up for few drinks. I'm bored those days, just want to do something. Glad I'm heading to Da Lat on the weekend. You can PM me for contact if you're free on those days as well. Facebook later!

Cheers

#5 octopus29 has been a member since 20/2/2011. Posts: 20

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.