Motorbiking in Asia forum

One-Way Motorbike Rental

• soontobewrl-
    dtrv

Joined Travelfish
    24th March, 2012

Ok yall,

I am wanting to rent a motorbike in Bangkok, and then travel around southern Thailand for a month, and leave it in Phuket or Krabi. Does anybody know if there is a way to get a one way motorbike deal? Would we have to purchase? We would rather travel by bike than public transport just for the ease and flexibility (plus it's way more fun).

I see all these local city-wide motorbike companies, but is there a national one or something that will let me travel one way?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 30/3/2012 - 20:15

• Advertisement

• Captain_Bob

Click here to learn more about Captain_Bob
    Joined Travelfish
    27th May, 2006
    Location Thailand

Sorry can't help you with a one-way rental. I'm a bike enthusiast living 8 years in Chiang Mai and haven't heard of any such thing in Thailand. You should consider buying a cheap 2nd hand bike, like a Honda Wave around 12-15,000 baht then sell it in Krabi or Phuket as you suggested, somewhere with good expat population is easier. Check out forums for buy&sell on...
    http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles
    http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/forumdisplay.php/24-Motorcycle-Buy-and-Sell

#2 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 08:51

• toadstrip2

Joined Travelfish
    23rd April, 2012

need some help planing a motorbike ride from Chiang Mia for 4to 5 days,road and dirt would be good with good stop overs. any help would be great.

#3 Posted: 23/4/2012 - 01:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Motorbike rental in Hue ... By MotHaiBa on 12 Oct 2011 0 1633 12 Oct 2011