Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Motorbiking in Borneo/Malaysian Borneo

Posted by t1m0l1v3r on 23/4/2012 at 21:01

Hi,

Last year I rode a motorcycle around Vietnam as a backpacker (purchased in Hanoi and sold again in Saigon) - the system they have there is very organised and there are a lot of people doing it. I'm planning to head to Borneo (as well as Laos and Burma!!) at the end of this year as I Spent 3 years of my early childhood living there (in Borneo), and have always wanted to do something similar there or at least in Malaysian Borneo - is this possible? And has anyone done it before?

Whilst there is a lot of info here about motorbiking through Asia, particularly Vietnam I haven't been able to find much on Borneo. Any first hand experience would be appreciated!

Thanks in adavance

#1 t1m0l1v3r has been a member since 16/4/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by ryder80 on 23/4/2012 at 22:39

hi,

i'm looking to doing what you previous did, purchase a bike and ride from one end to the other, and seeing as you've already done, what and how were your experiences? how much did you have to spend for something like this, i hear like 2 weeks is a good start, but more the better,

did you have any issues, i hear if you see police people waving you down, you just keeping going and don't slow down or stop...

by chance did you blog about your journey as well?

#2 ryder80 has been a member since 19/12/2010. Posts: 83

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.