Motorbiking in Asia forum
95' MINSK Motorbike in HANOI
18th December, 2007
For Sale - 95' MINSK Motorbike - The great Soviet legend
* Best way to see all those real 'Off the Beaten Track' places!
* Save Money - No rip off 'Tour Guides', no Tuk-Tuks needed!
* Meet the 'Real People' - Has been a real conversation starter, locals are always interested and chat...
* Zip around to find good Accommodation in minutes (No More carrying Heavy Bags!).
* Excellent fuel economy ~20-25 KMs per Litre (depending on Terrain & Baggage weight).
* Very cheap to repair if anything should happen.
This has been my baby for the last 3 months, I have travelled Thailand, Laos and Vietnam and had a fabulous journey. It truly has been the best way to see South East Asia!
* Including all papers (Vietnamese registration, so it can pass borders with no problems).
* Off road tires (front tire only 2 months old!).
* Customized front and back shocks (better than the original).
* Has the efficient Type 2 round version Carburetor and the Type 1 Generator.
* Excellent condition, very well maintained.
* Lots of information, contacts and advice...
* 2 x Heavy duty Pannier Racks, fold-able (while riding with no bags).
* Jack Wolfskin - 2 x Waterproof 30 liter heavy duty Saddle Bags - Worth ~150$ (www.wolf-paw.com).
* HJC - 3/4 Helmet, Model AC3 Silver (Shield) - Worth ~140$ (http://www.hjchelmets.com/prdc_ac3.htm).
* Avex - Full Helmet (http://www.avexhelmet.com/Eng/products/).
* Pro Grip - Rain pants & rain jacket water proof - Worth ~30$ (http://www.progrip.com/).
* The North Face - Gore-Tex shell rain jacket.
* Kniohthood - Riding gloves.
* Mountain Life - Double mosquito net.
* Wynaster - Waterproof cover for Backpack.
* 2 x Chain locks for Bike & Helmet.
* 1 x Elastic net, 10 x Elastic cables (for securing bags to the bike).
* Waterproof Flashlight.
* Some other stuff...
* 1 x 2nd hand Electric Box (Original MINSK) - Worth ~15$.
* 1 x 2nd hand Generator (Original MINSK) - Worth ~20$.
* 1 x Front light bulb.
* 1 x Back light bulb.
* 2 x Front Brake cable.
* 2 x Accelerator cable.
* 1 x Clutch cable.
* 4 x Spark-Plugs (most used, but usable).
* 1 x Wheel inner tube.
* 1 x Clutch lever (Chinese).
* 2 x Front brake lever (Original MINSK) - 1/3 of it is broken, but still usable.
* 2 x 2nd hand Clutch Pad sets - still usable (4 pads each).
* 1 x 2nd hand Clutch Chain - still usable (Original MINSK).
* 1 x 2nd hand Carburetor (Original MINSK) - Has bad jets and no float/pin, but can be fixed in Hanoi cheaply...
* Full MINSK Repair Manual with diagrams (English).
* 4 x Screwdrivers (different sizes/types).
* Adjustable monkey wrench 12-38mm.
* Spanners: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 19mm.
* 2 x Pliers.
* Precision set Screw Drivers.
* Hacksaw blade.
* Spark-Plug removing tool.
* Heavy duty Scissors.
* Sand paper & Gasket paper.
* Spare fuel line.
* Multi purpose 4D Lubricant.
* Tire repair kit - Glue, pads, 3 x forks, 1 x Foot pump (New), 1 x Hand pump.
* Other stuff - Duct tape, electrical tape, spare nuts & bolts, small bits & pieces, super-glue, epoxy repair kit, steel filler repair, silicon gasket sealant kit, some wires and more...
* Vietnam Road Atlas - Worth ~10$.
* Hanoi Road map.
* Sapa area map.
* Thailand Road Atlas, with city maps - Worth ~5$.
* GT-Riders - Mae Hong Son Loop Map (for North Thailand) - Worth ~5$.
* Bangkok Detailed Map - Worth ~5$.
* Vientiane & Nong Khai Map.
* (I lost the Laos Map - Sorry).
Recent Mechanical History (recent month):
* New 2nd hand Carburetor (Original MINSK) - Last one had bad jets; not enough power.
* New 2nd hand Generator (Original MINSK) - Last one burned out.
* New Cam-disk shaft Bearings (Japanese Honda bearings) - These where the cause of Generator failure. While replacing them:
* New Gaskets on gear, engine, carburetor and clutch blocks.
* Tunnels from engine to Cam-disk shaft bearings cleaned.
* Piston and piston rings checked.
* Gear checked and cleaned; Gear/Clutch oil changed.* Electrical wiring from Generator to Electric Box redone.
* New Rubber-seals/oil on front Shocks + New front shocks Mud Guard.
* New front & back Wheel Bearings.
* New Steering Bearings (Original MINSK bearings).
* New Clutch pads + Clutch chain + Clutch mud guard + Clutch was serviced and tuned (Original MINSK).
* New Clutch lever + Clutch cable (Original MINSK).
* New Brake lever + Brake cable (Original MINSK).
* New Throttle cable.
* New 2nd hand main Chain.
* New Rubber plugs for back wheel drive sprocket.
* New 2nd hand front wheel Shaft - Last one had bad threads.
* New Spark-Plug (Japanese).
* New Horn.
* New License Plate.
Photos (Looks a little different today - has MINSK logos, Original MINSK mudguard, other...):
I'll be hanging around Bia-Hoi junction in Hanoi every evening, but I'm free all day. Feel free to call anytime or email me... I'll be in Hanoi for a few days.
#1 Posted: 18/12/2007 - 12:17
18th December, 2007
#2 Posted: 20/12/2007 - 15:04
This post has been locked by the moderator.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Vienam Hanoi - Minsk motorbike for sale ...||0||1797||21 Nov 2009|