Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Guided 5 day Motorbike/Scooter Tour- Departs Chiang Mai ~Feb 1 - anyone want to join the fun?

Posted by motogirl on 5/1/2008 at 14:16

Some of you may be interested in joining me in Nth Thailand for a motorbike Tour.. around 1-7 feb, leaving from Chiang Mai.

It will be really cheap, consider bike hire/petrol/accom/food + less than $USD 20 per day for the tour-guide! He is a guesthouse owner in Chiang Mai and currently 5 of us are sharing the cost-- the more people that join in, the cheaper (and more fun!) it will work out ;)

Send me a msg if your keen No email solicitations pls

#1 motogirl has been a member since 18/11/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by Guernseystu on 5/1/2008 at 15:26

That sounds like great fun motogirl, I did an unguided scooter trip around the north a few years ago and had a great time. Perhaps if you could give an idea of the travel itinerary you'll get a few people interested.

#2 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by motogirl on 5/1/2008 at 16:25

Cheers Guernseystu. I hope to ride the mae hong song loop, mt doi inthananon and .. i am not really sure what else! The tour leader will provide some recommendations and then everyone will work out where we want to ride & what we want to do/see!

#3 motogirl has been a member since 18/11/2007. Posts: 8

Posted by Guernseystu on 6/1/2008 at 02:56

If you are heading towards MHS then make sure that you spend at least one night at Tum Lod near Pai. It is a beautiful riverside cave with bungalows nearby, good for walks and relaxing as few people know about this place.

#4 Guernseystu has been a member since 10/7/2007. Posts: 108

Posted by motogirl on 6/1/2008 at 04:13

Thanks for that! Will def try and get there :)

#5 motogirl has been a member since 18/11/2007. Posts: 8

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.