Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

motorbikeing in cambodia

Posted by davidhawkins on 8/3/2009 at 18:14

can anyone recomend a motorbike trip in cambodia , did the southern loop in laos last year will be in cambodia next month and want to ride around some where scenic and off the beaton track

#1 davidhawkins has been a member since 8/3/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 9/3/2009 at 07:57 admin

Do you mean a guided trip or a DIY trip?

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by mrparanoid on 12/3/2009 at 14:34

http://www.dancingroads.com/ have the best GUIDED tours in Cambodia I believe..

#3 mrparanoid has been a member since 2/6/2008. Posts: 35

Posted by davidhawkins on 12/3/2009 at 16:42

Im mean a DIY trip , in LAOS we hired bikes and drove to some amazing waterfalls and caves that were off the main tourist route, roads were often poor but were vissabel and safe with pleanty of places to buy gas and guesthouses to kip . So guess were looking for that sort of thing dont want to be part of an organised group .

#4 davidhawkins has been a member since 8/3/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 13/3/2009 at 07:46 admin

Cambodia has some great motorbiking. Sen Monorom to Ban Lung is probably one of the best routes in the country that I've done. Others include through the Cardamons and also from Kratie or Stung Treng across towards Preah Vihear.

There's an excellent guidebook designed with independent motorcyclists in Mind, Ultimate Cambodia -- you can buy it via Amazon, or hunt it out once you're in Cambodia -- it is outstanding.

Otherwise, I'd suggest swinging by some of the motorbike outfits, like Dancing Roads mentioned above, and pick their brains.

#5 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.