Motorbiking in Asia forum

Renting a motorbike in Hoi An to Nha Trang

• kendoll

Joined Travelfish
    29th September, 2009
    Total reviews: 2

Hi,

I'm travelling with my boyfriend in January next year for 4 weeks in Vietnam. We are travelling from Hanoi down to HCMC and then continuing on from there.

We know that to reach Nha Trang from Hoi An we have to travel back to Da Nang (which we would like to avoid).
    Riding sounds like a fun alternative to flying so we were thinking of riding from Hai An to Nha Trang but we have the following questions:

1. How do we rent the bike in Hoi An and then return it without riding it back? Is this even possible?

2. We are both novice riders (as in never before!) will this be an issue?

3. How long would such a trip take?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

#1 Posted: 24/10/2009 - 10:23

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Your best bet would be to do some kind of organised bike tour -- these are easily organised in most tourist centres in Vietnam. I suggest this primarily because Vietnam isn't a great place to learn to ride a motorbike!

I'd allow perhaps 4-7 days for the trip -- there's a few interesting spots along the way to break up the trip. To do it non stop, you'd really need two days.

#2 Posted: 29/10/2009 - 07:15

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
beware: renting motorbike in vientaine ... By eddiethl on 7 Jun 2009 0 1060 7 Jun 2009