Photo: On the road to Banlung.

Motorbiking in Asia forum

Renting a motorbike in Hoi An to Nha Trang

Posted by kendoll on 24/10/2009 at 10:23

Hi,

I'm travelling with my boyfriend in January next year for 4 weeks in Vietnam. We are travelling from Hanoi down to HCMC and then continuing on from there.

We know that to reach Nha Trang from Hoi An we have to travel back to Da Nang (which we would like to avoid).
Riding sounds like a fun alternative to flying so we were thinking of riding from Hai An to Nha Trang but we have the following questions:

1. How do we rent the bike in Hoi An and then return it without riding it back? Is this even possible?

2. We are both novice riders (as in never before!) will this be an issue?

3. How long would such a trip take?

Thank you in advance for any replies!

#1 kendoll has been a member since 29/9/2009. Posts: 2

Posted by somtam2000 on 29/10/2009 at 07:15 admin

Your best bet would be to do some kind of organised bike tour -- these are easily organised in most tourist centres in Vietnam. I suggest this primarily because Vietnam isn't a great place to learn to ride a motorbike!

I'd allow perhaps 4-7 days for the trip -- there's a few interesting spots along the way to break up the trip. To do it non stop, you'd really need two days.

#2 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.