Motorbiking in Asia forum

Latest requirements for motorbiking in NW Vietnam

• LawrenceJ27

Joined Travelfish
    1st November, 2009

I will be arriving into Hanoi in 3 weeks time and really want to spend a few days riding a bike between Sapa - Ha Giang province and Dong Van (if possible!)

My problems;

1) I'm on my own and have little experiance of riding bikes, with the exception of having (what I believe to be though I cant be sure...) a scooter for a month in Thailand 4 years ago. What are my chances?!

2) I understand the laws are now changing on riding bikes in Vietnam. Any certainties?

3) License, insurance requirements, government permit and guide? Repercussions of having none of these?

I appreciate there are a lot of questions here but if anyone has any recent experiance with this I would love to hear from you.

Finally if anyone is interesting in hooking up to do something like this, please drop me a line.

This site rocks BTW... where has it been all my life :)

#1 Posted: 1/11/2009 - 18:56

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.