Philippines forum

Which taxi company in Manila?

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

It is tough to be a taxi driver in Metro-Manila. But that doesn't make it ok for the driver to try and gouge you. I'm a local and taxi drivers still try to pull the wool over my eyes.

In my experience, there are several taxi companies that offer reliable and hassle free rides. These are EMP, MGE, and Senger. When I have time to pick and choose a cab, I use them.

Here is a list of taxi dispatch numbers. The only one on this list I'd avoid is Wallis. But all the rest have been good so far.
    http://www.dlsu.edu.ph/students/international/survival/surrounding.asp

#1 Posted: 25/8/2010 - 16:07

• Advertisement

• sirhalberd

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2007

I am in the P.I. at least a couple times a year. I don't have much of a problem with taxis. I wave a moving taxi over, tell they guy where I want to go, tell him to use the meter. If he says okay I get in. I do remember quite a bit more problems with taxis 10 or 12 years ago than in recent years. In the city I just grab a random taxi. Even at 3 a.m. I have had no problem getting a taxi in Manila for a ride to the airport - using the meter too! So far, so good!

From the airport I prefer to use the Yellow Taxi service. They are a little more expensive than a regular random taxi but half the price of the regular Airport Taxi Service. They give a receipt identifying the taxi. Their taxis are supposed to be nicer than random taxis. They have a sign up desk at arrivals.

#2 Posted: 30/9/2011 - 02:38

• touristdriv-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2011

10 years ago... taxis are less and it is why driver take advantage of it. nowadays, so many taxis... if the driver refuse, it is his lost.

#3 Posted: 12/11/2011 - 12:25

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
mai linh taxi company minivans HCMC to Siem Reap ... By paradise on 12 Feb 2009 2 6277 25 Apr 2009