Philippines forum

Suggestions for a classic itinerary, please

• travelman57

Joined Travelfish
    18th September, 2010
    Location Spain

I will travel to Philippines in November. I have 16 full days for make a nice itineray. I was thinking abaout the following:

...Arrive at Manila
    5 days North Luzon (Baguio, Banaue, Batad, Sagada... and if it were doable: Vigan)
    3 days Manila and around.
    ...Flight to Caticlan (Boracay)
    3 days Boracay
    ...Flights Kalibo – Manila and Manila Cebu (cheaper than direct flight). Fast ferry to Bohol
    2 days Bohol
    3 days Cebú
    ...Flight to home from Cebu

I am a solo traveler, 60 years old.
    Could anyone suggest me any change in the distribution of days in each place?

#1 Posted: 21/9/2011 - 22:57

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I'd skip Vigan. The historic district is limited to one or two streets and IMHO, just not worth the long detour. It has also become very tacky with all the shops catering to tourists.

Baguio, sad to say, has lost its charms for me. It is just a pitstop for a trip to Sagada because I don't like long bus trips. Manila-Baguio is about 7 hours. Baguio- Sagada is another 6 hours.

For five days in Northern Luzon, I suggest you make Sagada the main destination. With that kind of time, spend 3 days in Sagada. You can take the overnight bus to Banaue. Get off the bus and go to Battad. Than go back to Banaue in the afternoon. Spend a night there. Take the jeepney to Bontoc in the morning. Go to Sagada. Spend a few days there. Take the bus to Baguio. I'll leave it up to decide if you want to go straight to Manila or if you would rather break your trip in Baguio.

I've sworn never to go back to Boracay. If you are looking for a party place, than it is the destination for you. If you are looking for a pristine, peaceful beach, there are better options. I suggest you reallocate your 3 days there to Cebu and Bohol.

Manila, try to book a tour with Carlos Celdran. It will help you appreciate the city.

#2 Posted: 22/9/2011 - 09:58

• touristdriv-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2011

goonistik,best advice. skip vigan! nothing much at banaue except for the viewpoint. banaue is the base to batad. 3 days in sagada will suffice. pit stop at baguio... i suggest a trek to pinatubo then spend a night at angeles city before heading back to manila.

when in manila, have a day tour of tagaytay...

#3 Posted: 12/11/2011 - 12:33

• KevandJho

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2011

Everyones is different, however, for me it looks like you are cramming a lot of destinations in, a short period of time. The Phils offer some GREAT places to kick back and relax.

I like how Goonstick explained Borocay as I've heard that it has become a commercialized party town. I loved Palawan and have heard fantastic reveiws from friends about Bohol...can't wait to go there someday!

Other than that.....

I would limit my time in Manila to maybe a one day city tour. Hey but that's just me, I don't like big cities to much anywhere and I'm really not too crazy about Manila.

Basically you just have to ask yourself whether you like laid back or super busy and then make your choices from there.

Hope you have a good trip!

#4 Posted: 13/11/2011 - 19:13

• migsaquino

Joined Travelfish
    12th July, 2012

Well, Banaue, definitely, is a must see. A day or two would suffice if you are to visit the place.

Should you intend to hit the beach, two words: El Nido!

#5 Posted: 28/10/2012 - 04:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.