Philippines forum

Borneo to the Philippines

• scottyheath-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

Hi peeps - long time no speak.

Just a quick question, we are planning our next holiday and want to fly to Borneo for a few weeks and then take the ferry to Zamboanga but we've heard it's not safe there. I know that this is a subjective question, but would you think it would be relatively safe to do this? Our alternative would be to fly from Kota Kinabalu to Manila but that really wasn't how we wanted to do this trip.

Any advice would be appeciated.

#1 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 06:36

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Zamboanga City is no worse than Manila in terms of safety. If we are talking about petty crime, it is probably even safer than Manila. There is a blogger named "Dutch pickle" and even though he wrote about Zamboanga several years, ago, I don't think the situation hasn't changed much.

http://www.dutchpickle.com/philippines/mindanao/around-zamboanga.html

I think if I called up a few friends from Zamboanga City and asked about safety, their reply would be something like the one found here.

http://tourism-philippines.com/zamboanga-city/

Please remember I am talking about the city. The rest of the Zamboanga Peninsula, I am not too sure. Though Dutch Pickle went around by bus without mishap.

#2 Posted: 26/1/2012 - 21:29

• scottyheath-
    er

Joined Travelfish
    30th March, 2008

Thanks for that goonistik - much appreciated.

#3 Posted: 27/1/2012 - 21:51

• jthomas

Joined Travelfish
    5th April, 2012

nice advice

#4 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 13:36

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
From Philippines to Malaysian Borneo ... By Sannes on 9 Oct 2009 8 13064 6 Dec 2009