Philippines forum

Boracay Accommodations

• threeFiddy

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2012

Hi,

I'll be travelling to Boracay in late April and I had a couple of questions...

First, can anyone recommend some good places to stay? I'm looking sorta midrange, say ~50-100 USD per night.

Second, do you think I'd have trouble showing up and finding a place on the fly instead of booking in advance? I find the websites for many of the resorts to be extremely bad, so it's hard to judge which ones are decent without seeing them in person.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer :)

#1 Posted: 25/2/2012 - 16:50

• Advertisement

• altmtl

Click here to learn more about altmtl
    Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2009
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 5

on the fly is no problem and you can find a lot cheaper in Sector 3.

#2 Posted: 19/3/2012 - 06:44

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

Check out tripadvisor.com for accom. reviews

#3 Posted: 7/4/2012 - 01:58

• Lei

Joined Travelfish
    20th April, 2012

Actually April is a peak month in Boracay. You will probably be able to get accommodations, BUT you may not get the best ones or the ones you like as they may already be full. Or the rates you will get will be higher.

#4 Posted: 24/4/2012 - 00:40

• travelinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2012

Better to make reservations ahead of time. Maybe this link will be a big help

http://www.myboracayguide.com/beaches-resorts-rooms-accommodations-boracay-hotels.html

Enjoy and good luck! :)

#5 Posted: 16/9/2012 - 10:41

• elizabethno-
    elle

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2011
    Location United States

We stayed at Frendz Guesthouse the whole time we were in Boracay and LOVED it! Everyone was so nice, you can meet great people and its pretty close to White Beach. Enjoy your time there, I loved the Philippines so much!

#6 Posted: 1/10/2012 - 06:16

• iamshairamae

Joined Travelfish
    25th September, 2012

Hi fiddy, Since April is Peak season you should book ahead of time. Here are some of the different hotels/resorts in Boracay that you may choose. Remember to do RESEARCH -- Agoda.com is your friend.

Microtel Boracay
    Villa Camilla
    Astoria Boracay
    La Carmela de Boracay
    Fat Jimmys

If you have a bigger budget you may want to go here:

Boracay Regency
    Discovery Shores
    Shangri-la’s Boracay Resort & Spa
    Ambassador in Paradise

#7 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 03:58

• nasmej11

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2009

hey there!

ive been to boracay several times... we usually stay at tans guesthouse or you can check out this blog justwandering.org and search for reasonably priced accommodations in boracay....the thing about this area is its near dmall, right smack in the middle of bora

i will be attending a wedding this december 2012 in boracay, i will be staying at truehome hotel....beachfront room....i paid 3700 philippine pesos for it. check out their website, the reviews at tripadvisor are good...

#8 Posted: 2/10/2012 - 23:21

• tdenny

Joined Travelfish
    8th October, 2012

We are traveling to Boracay with family, and are looking for not a backpacker hangout, and quieter beaches at night. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#9 Posted: 8/10/2012 - 15:00

• Sam007

Joined Travelfish
    25th November, 2012
    Location United Kingdom

Boracay station 2 is a good place to find a budget hotel/ guest house. Station 2 is very central and also busy. In the high season you should book in advance, otherwise out of the season you can just turn up and find a good deal.

#10 Posted: 25/11/2012 - 05:40

• Advertisement

• Arcticman

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2013
    Location Canada

I was there in 2010 stayed at the red coconut it is on the beach nice spot very clean and has a nice pool had a little trouble with the Internet but overall a good pick ,,, you had lots of stuff to do on the beach every night ,, I believe it's called long beach

#11 Posted: 2/1/2013 - 02:51

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.