Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

Boracay Accommodations

Posted by threeFiddy on 25/2/2012 at 16:50

Hi,

I'll be travelling to Boracay in late April and I had a couple of questions...

First, can anyone recommend some good places to stay? I'm looking sorta midrange, say ~50-100 USD per night.

Second, do you think I'd have trouble showing up and finding a place on the fly instead of booking in advance? I find the websites for many of the resorts to be extremely bad, so it's hard to judge which ones are decent without seeing them in person.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer :)

#1 threeFiddy has been a member since 25/2/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by altmtl on 19/3/2012 at 06:44

on the fly is no problem and you can find a lot cheaper in Sector 3.

#2 altmtl has been a member since 18/5/2009. Location: Canada. Posts: 992
 Website   Twitter   Facebook  

Posted by stoneman on 7/4/2012 at 01:58

Check out tripadvisor.com for accom. reviews

#3 stoneman has been a member since 8/5/2010. Location: Australia. Posts: 100

Posted by Lei on 24/4/2012 at 00:40

Actually April is a peak month in Boracay. You will probably be able to get accommodations, BUT you may not get the best ones or the ones you like as they may already be full. Or the rates you will get will be higher.

#4 Lei has been a member since 20/4/2012. Posts: 8
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by travelinasia on 16/9/2012 at 10:41

Better to make reservations ahead of time. Maybe this link will be a big help

http://www.myboracayguide.com/beaches-resorts-rooms-accommodations-boracay-hotels.html

Enjoy and good luck! :)

#5 travelinasia has been a member since 8/8/2012. Posts: 18

Posted by elizabethnoelle on 1/10/2012 at 06:16

We stayed at Frendz Guesthouse the whole time we were in Boracay and LOVED it! Everyone was so nice, you can meet great people and its pretty close to White Beach. Enjoy your time there, I loved the Philippines so much!

#6 elizabethnoelle has been a member since 23/9/2011. Location: United States. Posts: 14
 Website   Twitter 

Posted by iamshairamae on 2/10/2012 at 03:58

Hi fiddy, Since April is Peak season you should book ahead of time. Here are some of the different hotels/resorts in Boracay that you may choose. Remember to do RESEARCH -- Agoda.com is your friend.

Microtel Boracay
Villa Camilla
Astoria Boracay
La Carmela de Boracay
Fat Jimmys

If you have a bigger budget you may want to go here:

Boracay Regency
Discovery Shores
Shangri-la’s Boracay Resort & Spa
Ambassador in Paradise

#7 iamshairamae has been a member since 25/9/2012. Posts: 3

Posted by nasmej11 on 2/10/2012 at 23:21

hey there!

ive been to boracay several times... we usually stay at tans guesthouse or you can check out this blog justwandering.org and search for reasonably priced accommodations in boracay....the thing about this area is its near dmall, right smack in the middle of bora

i will be attending a wedding this december 2012 in boracay, i will be staying at truehome hotel....beachfront room....i paid 3700 philippine pesos for it. check out their website, the reviews at tripadvisor are good...

#8 nasmej11 has been a member since 16/12/2009. Posts: 35

Posted by tdenny on 8/10/2012 at 15:00

We are traveling to Boracay with family, and are looking for not a backpacker hangout, and quieter beaches at night. Any suggestions? Thanks!

#9 tdenny has been a member since 8/10/2012. Posts: 1

Posted by Sam007 on 25/11/2012 at 05:40

Boracay station 2 is a good place to find a budget hotel/ guest house. Station 2 is very central and also busy. In the high season you should book in advance, otherwise out of the season you can just turn up and find a good deal.

#10 Sam007 has been a member since 25/11/2012. Location: United Kingdom. Posts: 10

Posted by Arcticman on 2/1/2013 at 02:51

I was there in 2010 stayed at the red coconut it is on the beach nice spot very clean and has a nice pool had a little trouble with the Internet but overall a good pick ,,, you had lots of stuff to do on the beach every night ,, I believe it's called long beach

#11 Arcticman has been a member since 1/1/2013. Location: Canada. Posts: 9

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.