Photo: A boat with your name on it, Coron, Busuanga Island.

Philippines forum

From Bali to Davao

Posted by Remedy on 14/3/2012 at 15:32

Hi,
I am trying to figure out the best way of travelling from Bali to Davao City, but every suggestion I have got from different search engines seems to take "the long way around" including stops in Jakarta, Manila and so on.

Has anyone made this trip or able to shed some light on how to best make it. Doesn't matter if it's by sea or plane as long as it's relatively easy.

Cheers,

#1 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by goonistik on 14/3/2012 at 23:16

Flying is the easiest way but as you found out, there are no direct flights between Davao and Bali.

There is supposed to be a cargo ship that accepts passengers that travels between Bitung Indonesia and General Santos, Mindanao. The company is EPA Shipping lines.

But you might as well make your way to Sandakan, Malaysia and take the ferry to Zamboanga.

Once you get to Mindanao, it will be either a plane or bus to Davao. Zamboanga is a lot closer to Davao than GenSan.

#2 goonistik has been a member since 7/1/2010. Location: Philippines. Posts: 562
 Where has goonistik been? 

Posted by millionario on 15/3/2012 at 00:22

Fly to Singapore then take a Silkair flight to Davao. That's the shortest way.

#3 millionario has been a member since 22/6/2004. Posts: 25

Posted by Remedy on 15/3/2012 at 14:40

Yeah I figured I had to go to Singapore or KL.

Thanks for your replies.

#4 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by mtapostandard on 1/4/2012 at 08:22

It is possible now via Sam ratulangi airport inManado, north Sulawesi province. That means, you have to travel to Manado from Bali.A recently revived commercial service between Manado and Davao had commenced March18, 2012 (inaugural flight) with the Philippines based 19 seater jet stream 42aircraft. Flying davao-manado-davao Sundays (1/7). Another Philippines carrier,zest air, will soon be serving the route if negotiations don’t miscarry. Indonesia’slion air was also reported to commence its service in May 2012 using atr,bigger craft which loads 70 pax.

There used to beregular flights/week between the 2 cities. However, it was ceased due to loadfactor.

Hope this info helps

#5 mtapostandard has been a member since 1/4/2012. Posts: 2

Posted by Remedy on 29/5/2012 at 07:59

It surely does. Thanks

#6 Remedy has been a member since 25/7/2009. Posts: 31

Posted by RickWarren on 13/7/2012 at 06:57

Going from Bali to Davao most likely will take two days, Sriwijaya is the carrier flying Manado-Davao and only on Monday morning. You have to fly from Denpasar the day before to make the early flight from Manado. Looks like going thru Manila could take the same time.

Thanks a lot,
Rick

#7 RickWarren has been a member since 9/1/2012. Posts: 21

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.