Philippines forum

Manila hostel for solo female

• elysek

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2012

Hey! Just looking for a recommendation for a good hostel to stay in for a solo female traveller. I will be flying into Manila at 530am and will be looking for a place to chill for the day (will be booking for the night prior, cause I doubt anyone will check me in this early). I will be catching the night bus to Banaue with Ohayami Trans, so somewhere that I can easily get to from the airport, and also get to the bus terminal would be ideal. I have been looking into Where2next. Seems like nice rooms, good price (about $15 for shared dorm style).

also, should I book ahead, or just try and find a bed when I arrive or call from airport to find a hostel with a bed? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

#1 Posted: 6/7/2012 - 18:37

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Manila doesn't have that many budget hostels so if you are on a tight budget I think it is a good idea to book ahead.

Where2next is located about midway between the airport and the Ohayami bus terminal. You can easily get there from the airport and you can easily make your way to the Ohayami bus terminal on Lacson St. Where2next is on a busy street so I hope the sound proofing is good. It certainly looks promising.

#2 Posted: 6/7/2012 - 22:00

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

PS. I hope you make your way to Sagada. Between Banaue and Sagada, I much prefer Sagada.

#3 Posted: 7/7/2012 - 00:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.