Philippines forum

Holy week!! help!!

• merry80

Joined Travelfish
    8th July, 2012

Hi all, My girlfriend and I are travelling to the Phillipines next March. unlucky for us we will be there for 5 days during 'Holy Week' we arrive on the tuesday and if i'm right holy week begins properly on the thursday. We arrive in Manila and have 3 weeks travel. looking to goto cebu, el nido, boracay, palawan and obviously manila. We have such a small travel period does anyone have any suggestions on which way to travel during the holy week time. what mode of transport is also the cheapest?
    We have travelled alot in asia and are looking forward to the phillipines but there is just not enough info out there on this place so any help regarding anything will be appreciated.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 8/7/2012 - 14:18

• Advertisement

• nasmej11

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2009

Holy week is a busy week in the Philippines. What I mean is that a lot of locals travel locally around that time. So better book way ahead because it may become expensive. Boracay is very crowded around these times. Manila will be very quiet Thursday and Friday because most people there usually go for out of town trips. I suggest you top Palawan, check out Tao philippines....I have read some good things about them but haven't tried it yet..teehee...I might travel there next September....research mode still...just make sure you have something planned for thurs to Sunday way before, coz you might not get the accomodation you want... Good luck! And I hope you will enjoy the Philippines.

#2 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 19:23

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

It is a major hassle to travel during Holy Week. I've sworn never to do it again. I once spent 6 hours standing in a provincial bus as all the seats were taken.

Holy Tuesday will be busy day at the airports/bus stations/ piers. The peak travel period occurs on Holy Wednesday and Maundy Thursday. Easter Sunday and the following Monday will also be bad days to travel as everybody heads home.

It would be best to leave Manila on Holy Tuesday before things get really hectic.
    Go to a destination where you can easily spend a few days. Maybe Palawan or Cebu.
    Be sure to book accommodation.

Cheap ways to travel. If you are willing to give up some flexibility and book ahead of time, the budget airlines can be the best value. Sometimes it doesn't cost much more than taking the bus or a inter-island ferry.

#3 Posted: 28/8/2012 - 23:19

• travelinasia

Joined Travelfish
    8th August, 2012

Try to visit Caramoan Islands in Cam Sur. CK Inn is the best place you can stay at but be sure to book early as it can be fully booked as Holy Week means travel at The Philippines.

Caramoan is very lovely, you can do island hopping, snorkeling, kayak, diving, etc. It's where the Survivor series was shot.

Here's the direct link for CK Inn just in case you would like to book your vacation with them.

http://www.ck-inn.com/

Enjoy and good luck! [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#4 Posted: 2/9/2012 - 03:44

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.