Philippines forum

Malapascua Island - January-February

• milepost334

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2012

After New Year's 2013, I am planning to spend 2-3 weeks on Malapascua Island. I'm looking for a comfortable place, near or on the beach (I am a diver) for an extended stay.

A good restaurant as part of the facility or nearby also important. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

#1 Posted: 12/9/2012 - 14:58

• Advertisement

• imasmiley88

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2012

I recommend "Malapascua Exotic Island Dive and Beach Resort". They are among the leading dive resorts on the island where you can encounter thresher sharks. They also have a restaurant, bar, coffee shop, and a bakery. Aside from that, they also have spa facilities.

Here's the link to their site: http://malapascua.net/

#2 Posted: 16/10/2012 - 06:46

• tipsygoon

Joined Travelfish
    7th May, 2012

There is plenty of resorts on the beach for all kind of budgets. I remember staying at the "Sunset Resort" which was pretty nice. I would definitely book in advance since January is high season there and it is probably crowded. Have a look on this website. http://www.travellingthephilippines.com/diving/visayas/cebu/malapascua/ They got quiet good infos as well as pictures of Malapascua Island. Enjoy your stay, it`s fantastic....

#3 Posted: 26/11/2012 - 06:32

• HollyN

Joined Travelfish
    13th July, 2012

Hello

Me and my friend stayed in Malapasua a few days ago. We loved the place, when you get to the port, (aim to get there before 4pm if possible) a boat to the Island costs 80php and, normally you need to get a small little boat for a 2 min ride to the bigger boat becasue of the rocks for 20php.
    We stayed and dived with Purple Snapper.. I couldnt reccomend them enough. The Dive shop is brilliant, all new gear, very professional staff and all the instructors are so enthusiastic, which really makes the dives enjoyable. Dives on the island are about 1600php with gear.
    If you stay with purple snapper, you also get 100php off each night for every dive you do. However, we loved the dive shop. but didnt like the accomodation becasue the hotel manager is a complete arse. Its 1400 a night for a private room with fan and cold shower, or 800php for a fan room with shared bathroom (that really does stink as its near the bar, so everyone uses it)
    There is a place near called Bindys, which allot of the DM and istrructors stay in on the island, we where unable to get a night there as it was fully booked, but we have heard its very good and cheap.

(Just incase you don't want to dive with Purple snapper, Sea Explorers is also meant to be excellent, but a little more expensive)

Hope this helps
    x

#4 Posted: 3/1/2013 - 22:41

• alexlosmanos

Joined Travelfish
    17th March, 2013

We have stayed in the Malapascua Garden resort (http://www.malapascua-garden-resort.com/) in November last year. The place is 5 minutes walking from the beach and near restaurants. We paid 2000 PHP per night, including AC and cable TV.

#5 Posted: 17/3/2013 - 07:45

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Who was in Muang Ngoi (Laos) end of january/beginning of February 2012 ??? ... By pb1 on 1 Apr 2012 0 1099 1 Apr 2012
Island or coast 6 days in February Muay Thai ... By magdaicez on 11 Jan 2011 9 2155 13 Jan 2011