Philippines forum

Netrate Concepts--Thinking of going to the Philippines?

• Travelnow

Joined Travelfish
    30th December, 2012

I am thinking about going to the philippines for a trip, I am looking for advice from start to finish, things to do and NOT to do. I will be leaving from the Boston area, any advice or helpful hints would be greatly appreciated?

#1 Posted: 30/12/2012 - 13:08

• Advertisement

• gwapo

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2011

Make sure you have a return ticket and check the visa requirements if you intend to stay more than 21 days
    Bring plenty of money..its more funds in the Philippines

#2 Posted: 1/1/2013 - 22:47

• Babalugats

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 25

Hi,

When will you arrive in the Philippines? You might want to check the seascape first, and there are lots to choose from. Palawan. Boracay. Cebu. Bohol. The Cordillera region is a good option, mainly for the rice terraces and the Igorot culture. Another must-see is Davao and its nearby regions, Lake Sebu in particular. Maybe you have tried a zip-line, but if you want a different experience, a panorama of three waterfalls and rainbows below (to be specific), then maybe you want to check this out.

There's no such thing as punctuality in this part (of the world). Better watch out for some cab drivers too. In a way, Metro Manila is topsy-turvy, which may shock you. In other words, it's far from perfect. But Filipinos are friendly and hospitable.

#3 Posted: 4/1/2013 - 06:58

• mytravelmad-
    ness

Joined Travelfish
    4th January, 2013

Hey travelnow,
    I've traveled for 4 weeks in the Philippines last year and have been to the Cordellerias (Sagada, Bantoc, Banaue) which were beautiful. Here I was hiking through the Philippines mountains and rice paddies.
    I've been to Cebu city and island, in the South of the island you can go diving with whale sharks - this destination is still relatively unknown contrary to Bohol.
    Then, Palawan is beautiful. Puerto Princesa, the city where you will arrive most likely if ou go bye airplane is worth 2 days to stay- they have a delicious fish restaurant, absolutely unbeatable. If you like snorkeling and hidden beaches you should then head north to El Nido.
    There are articles (+ photos) about the Cordellerias and El Nido on this travelblog:
    http://mytravelmadness.com/category/south-east-asia/philippines/

#4 Posted: 5/1/2013 - 13:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.