Philippines forum

Philippines with children for 1 week

• aaronpryce

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Hi,

We want to take a family trip to the Philippines (via Singapore) in early June (2nd or 3rd) for about a week.

The kids will be 6 and 8, and we would like a beach holiday that is a quiet spot with good swimming and snorkelling.

An area with some local amenities such as shops and restaurants would be good so that we don't get stuck at the hotel.

We would like easy transport in and out (rather than a 6-8 hr journey one way).

Budget-wise we are looking at budget-middle of the road.

many thanks for any ideas!

#1 Posted: 6/1/2013 - 20:48

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

The destinations that come to mind are Boracay and Bohol.

Boracay is a popular destination. That means it is crowded and commercialized, and finding a quiet spot is not that easy. The Station 1 side is the quieter spot. My aunt just got back from there and she told me the restaurants were really good. Snorkeling will be okay. If you land in Kalibo, Boracay is about a 90 minute drive. Flights to Caticlan are more expensive and they get diverted to Kalibo quite often. (You have a better chance of landing in Caticlan if you get an early morning flight).

Bohol should have some decent restaurants, better snorkeling, and should be a lot more sedate than Boracay. And if get tired of Bohol, you can take the ferry to Cebu. Panglao island, where most of the resorts are, is about 20 minutes away from the airport.

Though I think Palawan is worth considering.

#2 Posted: 7/1/2013 - 01:34

• aaronpryce

Joined Travelfish
    6th January, 2013

Thanks Goonistik,

Bohol and Palawan sound like they are more us than Boracay.

That gives me a couple of starting points for further investigation.

#3 Posted: 7/1/2013 - 18:27

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

If you decide to go to Palawan, the best bet is to cook the seafood simply like grilling. The fish there is so fresh that the Palawenos refuse to buy "dead" fish. By that I mean they want fish that are still flapping around and moving. I imagine that would be the best way to eat well in Palawan.

#4 Posted: 8/1/2013 - 00:27

• PaulWhite

Joined Travelfish
    8th January, 2013

You really got a good choice in Philippines there are too many place that will surely fit in a family and i heard that boracay is a good place for you.

#5 Posted: 8/1/2013 - 05:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
1 week in Philippines July, where would you go? ... By TonyM on 15 Jun 2012 14 5399 12 Jul 2012