Philippines forum

Agusan del sur prosperidad is it safe for travellers with kid

• Arcticman

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2013
    Location Canada

Does anyone no this area would it be safe place to travel in the Philippines mainly worried about kidnaping ....
    Please give me your thoughts

#1 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 19:59

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Are you going to get involved in the local politics? If no than you are no more likely to be kidnapped in Agusan than in Luzon.

There were some flash floods a few days ago and the area was severely damaged by Typhoon Bopha in December 2012. I don't know the current situation but do a little more checking if you plan to visit in the near future.

#2 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 21:23

• Arcticman

Joined Travelfish
    1st January, 2013
    Location Canada

No politics not my thing ,,, just hoping to see the country side,, something off the tourist trap had a friend went that way said he had fun but was several years back ,,, just wondering what to expect
    Thanks for the reply

#3 Posted: 14/1/2013 - 21:28

• Babalugats

Joined Travelfish
    21st March, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 26

Hi,

When are you planning to visit Agusan del Sur? I hope it's not during the first quarter of the year, as this is their so-called rainy season. But I've been to that province many times, and I found out that a day there isn't complete without a rainfall or drizzle.

It's located in the northeastern part of Mindanao, which is safe to travel around. If you're interested in flora and fauna, then Agusan del Sur is the place, as there are lots of woods that are only found in that region. The Agusan Marsh is their main attraction, where you'll see migratory birds and floating communities. The town of Bunawan is home to Lolong, the largest crocodile in captivity. There are waterfalls too; I recommend Tugonan Falls in Prosperidad.

#4 Posted: 17/1/2013 - 09:18

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.