Philippines forum

Cheapest flights to Phillipines

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

I have booked myself a 77-day holiday in Thailand which I am thinking of breaking with a 3-week stay in the Phillipines. I have had a look at a cheap flights website and found I can get a return from Bangkok to Manila for AU$468. Does anyone know if there would be a cheaper way? This seems pretty good to me but if I could get a better price it would be appreciated. Also, I've never been to the Phillipines. Apart from the local food, always a very important part of any holiday I take, is there anywhere you would recommend?

#1 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 06:39

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Air fare depends on your travel dates so with that caveat....

For a flight around the end of April and a return flight in May, a round trip flight BKK-MNL on Cebu Pacific is 6750 THB (about AU$217). If you look around the other budget airlines, you'll probably find a similar rate.

AU$468 seems to be the regular fare. If you are able to book in advance expect to about half of that.

#2 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 09:05

• mic59

Joined Travelfish
    30th July, 2008
    Total reviews: 5

Thanks, had a look at that. I would be travelling around 7-28 October but it seems to come to pretty much the same cost. In fact there is a promo fare so with the additional checked baggage allowance I would require and taxes it comes to around 9000THB(AU$300). The $468 one that I had found was inclusive of charges and taxes so still a fair saving.
    Just to note something else I noticed when researching these flights, booking the flights separately can be a huge saving. I tried a multi-stop scenario of ADL-BKK, BKK-MNL, MNL-BKK, BKK-ADL and came up with flights on one airline(Singapore) costing $3221. These two flights were a QANTAS sale for $918 and this $300 flight, a total of $1218.

#3 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 11:31

• timpotte

Joined Travelfish
    2nd February, 2013

I just did a search for Cebu Pacific. This is a budget air line that operates out of Cebu Philippines. A trip ticket is 150 USD or 4482 THB each way plus taxes..

http://www.cebupacificair.com/Pages/default.aspx

That seems lower then what you posted. Either way

ENJOY.
    http://www.timpotter-philippines.com/

#4 Posted: 13/2/2013 - 20:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Cheapest flights and trips ... By LauraAndLee1 on 12 Nov 2012 9 2828 20 Nov 2012
Cheapest flights to thailand. ... By bengalist on 14 Oct 2010 3 2042 19 Oct 2010
cheapest flights to bangkok ... By charlie88 on 13 Aug 2007 7 3454 22 Aug 2007
Cheapest flights from London to Cambodia ... By remf on 23 Apr 2009 3 3406 24 Apr 2009