Philippines forum

NAIA Terminal 3-No more shuttle bus to MRT

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I had a horrid time trying to get out of Terminal 3. I was surprised to find out that the useful and affordable shuttle bus to the MRT/LRT station was no longer available.

The only shuttle that is available is the citylink bus that goes to Libis, which is fine if you are headed north to Quezon City. But the trip schedule is 1 PM, 3 pm and 5pm.

Getting out using public transportation means talking a long walk to the rotonda near the entrance and looking for buses/jeepneys to Baclaran.

The lines for the airport taxis were long; both for the fixed price taxis and the yellow airport metered taxis. Now traffic was bad on Andrews Ave. in the lane heading to Baclaran. So the best solution for me was to take a taxi to Southgate mall at the corner of Pasong Tamo Ext. and EDSA so that I could easily access the Pasong Tamo MRT station.

My taxi driver tipped me that at the departures area the regular taxis wait there after dropping off passengers. So instead of walking to Andrews Ave, go up to get a taxi.

#1 Posted: 10/5/2013 - 09:18

• Advertisement

• urefowei

Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2013

Another blog says that it is still available..

http://directionsonweb.blogspot.com/2013/02/naia-bus-from-mrtlrt-to-t-3-vice-versa.html
    4 FEB 2013[/li] LAG ALAG[/li]

[/li]
    "...
    The bus that serves as NAIA Shuttle from Taft in Pasay Rotunda to Terminal 3 of Ninoy Aquino International Airport still operates.
    ..."

#2 Posted: 12/6/2013 - 22:45

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Thanks for sharing. Based on the article, it will be better to use the shuttle for a trip to Terminal 3. Getting out of Terminal 3 is more of a problem. AFAIK, there is no bus shed where you can wait. Waiting for 30 minutes under the sun or rain isn't fun.

The people at the airport were clueless when I asked about the shuttle bus. All they could tell me was go to the rotonda to get a jeep.

#3 Posted: 13/6/2013 - 05:45

• imasmiley88

Joined Travelfish
    19th May, 2012

I think they do this in order to force the people to use the airport taxi cabs. Because if it's easy for the passengers to look for other public utility vehicles, no one will ride their taxis because it's so expensive to rent one.

#4 Posted: 21/6/2013 - 10:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
NAIA Terminal 3 airlines ... By goonistik on 7 Oct 2014 0 216 7 Oct 2014
Update: NAIA Terminal 3 bus ... By goonistik on 20 Sep 2014 0 227 20 Sep 2014
NAIA Terminal 2 Taxi scam ... By goonistik on 23 Jul 2011 8 10108 16 Sep 2012