Philippines forum

3 weeks in Philippines (September/October)

• mistral

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2013

Hi, couple days ago I bought my tickets to Philippines. The trip starts and end in Manila. I've never been to Philippines so I could use some help with the planning- thats why I'm writing this post.

Dates: 21.09-13.10; 3 weeks
    Arrival: Manila
    Departure: Manila
    No. of people: 2 guys
    Budget: ~1500$/person
    Expectations: don't want to visit typical turist places unless they are really worth it

I want to see beuty of nature, white beaches (best would be hidden ones), do some surfing, kayaking and diving (maybe with the sharks?). I prefer active holidays than laying on the beach.

Kind people of travelfish, would You help me?

#1 Posted: 29/8/2013 - 09:22

• Advertisement

• mistral

Joined Travelfish
    20th August, 2013

Thanks for the reply ddguin! I decided to take a flight to Puerto Princessa on Palawan and go to El Nido for 8 days. We'll do some island hooping tours down there and just relax. Then on 2nd of October we're going to fly through Cebu to Siargao for surfing and chilling till 11.10 and fly back to Manila for the return flight.

Do you have some more advices about Palawan/El Nido and Siargao? Something I won't read in the guides or tripadvisors? Should I try all 3 (I guess A,B and C) island hooping tours? Should I look for specific guides or just sign up with any company that does that?

#2 Posted: 31/8/2013 - 20:29

• ddguin

Joined Travelfish
    1st August, 2013

Hi Mistral,

I suggest that you avail of tours A and C. These will take you to hidden beaches and shrines as well as lagoons and beaches. Probably the best advice I could give you is to prepare yourself. When we went there earlier this year, the electricity in El Nido was scheduled - they're turned off at certain times of the year and it could really piss you off if you're not expecting it. I'm not sure if it's still scheduled today though, but might as well be prepared for it.
    Also, don't forget to bring lots of sunblock and insect/ mosquito repellent even for your tours to the beaches/ lagoons. Some are really infested with mosquito and it will ruin your day if you don't have a bottle of mosquito repellent with you. I don't think they allow bringing anything liquid exceeding a few ml in the plane, but you can always buy a bottle of OFF Lotion (this is the brand name) in Palawan.
    Also, the price for the tours is fixed since it's mandated by the local government. Both local and foreign tourists have to pay the same rate, although again, don't be afraid to haggle when buying stuff from street vendors/ street shops, etc. I also suggest that you reserve a hotel room in advance. Palawan is a prime tourist destination and there might be no vacancy in the good hotels.

#3 Posted: 6/9/2013 - 06:00

• Agentwhite

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2013

Hey there, just came across your thread and thought I'd ask about the weather in Palawan. I'm looking to do a similar trip to you around the same time and was hesitant about the weather in El Nido & Puerto Princessa. Planning on arriving around the 25th sept. what are your thoughts? :) d

#4 Posted: 11/9/2013 - 09:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
2 weeks between september and october ... By carpa on 11 Sep 2013 4 997 12 Sep 2013
A destination in east/SE Asia for 2-weeks september/october ... By moonsahde777 on 3 Aug 2011 0 3338 3 Aug 2011
SEA September 13 to October 7 ... By nasmej11 on 24 Feb 2011 0 1623 24 Feb 2011
Weather In September-October ... By fergal25 on 15 Sep 2013 10 1991 27 Nov 2013
Travel in September October ... By timmy2legs on 26 Jul 2010 2 2399 27 Jul 2010
Thailand in September - October ... By korch1nat0r on 11 Jun 2009 14 25021 16 Jul 2013
malaysian weather september/october ... By annalouise on 27 Jan 2011 4 9924 29 Oct 2012
festivals in september/october 2009 ... By buecax on 9 Aug 2009 7 3536 9 Aug 2009
2 months in asia - september/october- help with itinerary ... By buecax on 15 Jul 2009 8 4589 16 Jul 2009