Philippines forum

traveling in september

• obray7

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2014

I've read up a lot on traveling the islands and most of south east asia in September and some claim don't bother. Others say it isn't much dofferent . what are you suggestions? If not September then when? I'd like to leave as soon as possible but September being the earliest as I have prior commitments.

#1 Posted: 4/2/2014 - 22:26

• Advertisement

• Arikara1985

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

I went to Thailand and Cambodia last year during August and September. It rained a little bit during the afternoon and only lost one day to rain and we still got good weather until 2pm that day.

I'm going to the Philippines this year in mid August for at least a month (start of 10-12 month trip through SEA). I heard some parts are better than others during that part of the year. I figure there will be some rain but it'll still be good for the most part I can deal with 60 minute showers in the afternoon most days.

#2 Posted: 5/2/2014 - 20:56

• obray7

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2014

Thanks a lot for your reply. Your trip sounds very familiar to the one I am planning actually. How much $ would you recommend bringing for a 10-12 month trek through SEA

#3 Posted: 6/2/2014 - 00:40

• Arikara1985

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2013

I'm planning to go with around $20,000CDN. Giving myself about a $50-$60/day budget but going to spend 5-6 months in Thailand training Muay Thai so should be a bit cheaper.

I ate mostly Western food last time because I'm not a fan of the local food so that brought costs up a fair bit. I'd think $1,200/month is a decent budget for most as long as you aren't moving a lot.

#4 Posted: 6/2/2014 - 16:36

• obray7

Joined Travelfish
    4th February, 2014

Yeah 15-20 $canadian for me as well but no muay thai lol. I'm sure me eating a lot of the local food a will help with not spending much either. Well hopefully September sees not much rain this year

#5 Posted: 7/2/2014 - 16:26

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.