Philippines forum

Booking flights

• aristiza

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2014

Hello Guys! i am looking to book a flight to the philippines for early July. I am in Miami Fl, US. but will probably be looking to fly out of LA. or whatever is cheapest. any recommendations on certain airlines or websites i should check out to find the best price? what do you guys use?
    Thank you!

#1 Posted: 30/4/2014 - 13:07

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I use Skyscanner as my starting point to understand what airlines fly where, and possible routes. Sometimes, it's easier to do a 'reverse' search - ie From Phillipines to Anywhere - and see what options it gives you for direct flights. Adioso is another useful search at times.

For flights within Asia, I like Air Asia. Not sure who the Phillipine airlines are, but also check out their websites directly.

#2 Posted: 30/4/2014 - 15:27

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

I prefer ITA software.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

You can search on google "Miami Manila flights" and your options will come out. ITA has the advantage of having more flexible search options.

If you want a direct flight from LAX to MNL Philippine Airlines is the only option AFAIK.

The usual route is to fly from the USA into one of the following: South Korea, Japan, or China. Than from there get a flight to Manila. Other possible connecting points are Hong Kong or Taipei, Taiwan.

#3 Posted: 30/4/2014 - 23:39

• aristiza

Joined Travelfish
    30th April, 2014

Alot of usefull info! thank you guys for the respond! i am basicly looking at the cheapest flight to get to south east asia from the states, and so far it looks like it would philippines, and then connect to any of the neighbor SEA countries from there. or do you guys know of any cheaper options??

i dont care about doing layovers, but for example LAX to bangkok is about $700 usd one way. when LAX to Manila is about $500 and Manila to bangkok is about $120. so my stay at philippines would pay for itsself.

any better options would be highly apreciated. thank you!

#4 Posted: 1/5/2014 - 09:24

• davidurmann

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2014
    Places visited:
    At least 14

You may be able to find cheaper with www.philippineairlines.com but only if they have some type of promo. They depart LAX. I agree that skyscanner.in is a good bet. You can find cheap connections to Manila from Hong Kong, Jakarta and Singapore from CebuPacific.

#5 Posted: 13/7/2014 - 13:07

• vuongthithuy

Joined Travelfish
    23rd September, 2014

Posted from within Vietnam.

and so far it looks like it would philippines

#6 Posted: 24/9/2014 - 23:53

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

July is high season leaving the States - meaning you won't get a very low price. I only fly the best (Asiana Airlines of Korea), and they have brand new Airbus A380 service from Los Angeles as far as Seoul where you connect for a nonstop to the Philippines. I would book that flight well in advance if you want Asiana.

#7 Posted: 28/9/2014 - 13:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.